Install Printer Brother DCP T310 in ClearLinux with Dell Inspiron 15

Shra

Reaction score
Credits
Hello thank you for sharing knowledge, I am an amateur I am using clearlinux and I want to install a DCP-T310 brother printer following the installation guide for rpm packages however I can not print please, could you give me some advice on what to do to be able to print?

the printer indicates processing
name DCPT310
address localhost
Driver
the action cleaning print heads doesn't work

this istext on terminal

root@clr-/home/J60z/Downloads - bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.2-1 DCP-T310
You are going to install following packages.
[dcpt310pdrv-1.0.1-0.i386.rpm](https://ssl.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=TVert&from=&to=en&a=dcpt310pdrv-1.0.1-0.i386.rpm)
brscan4-0.4.9-1.x86_64.rpm
brscan-skey-0.3.1-1.x86_64.rpm
Ok? [and/N] ->and

ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/cupsys': No file or directory
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/cups': The file or directory does not exist
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/lpd': The file or directory does not exist
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/init.d/lprng': There is no file or directory
rpm -ihv --nodeps --replacefiles --replacepkgs [dcpt310pdrv-1.0.1-0.i386.rpm](https://ssl.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?ref=TVert&from=&to=en&a=dcpt310pdrv-1.0.1-0.i386.rpm)
Verifying...
Preparing...
Updating /installing...
dcpt310pdrv-1.0.1-0
chown: invalid user: «lp»
lpadmin -p DCPT310 -E -v usb://dev/usb/lp0 -P /usr/share/cups/model/Brother/brother_dcpt310_printer_en.ppd
lpadmin: Printer drivers are deprecated and will stop working in a future version of CUPS.
#
dnf install policycoreutils-python
Failed to detect release version (use '--releasever' to specify it)
Error: There are no repositories enabled in "/etc/yum.repos.d", "/etc/yum/repos.d", "/etc/distro.repos.d".
dnf install policycoreutils
Error: There are no repositories enabled in "/etc/yum.repos.d", "/etc/yum/repos.d", "/etc/distro.repos.d".
dnf install policycoreutils-python-utils

Will you specify the Device URI? [Y/n] ->n

Test Print? [and/N] ->and

wait 5s.
lpr -P DCPT310 /usr/share/cups/data/testprint
brscan4-0.4.9-1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ihv --nodeps --replacefiles --replacepkgs brscan4-0.4.9-1.x86_64.rpm
Verifying... .[100%]
Preparing... [100%]
Updating /installing...
1:brscan4-0.4.9-1 s.a. .[100%]
This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
grep: /etc/sane.d/dll.conf: There is no file or directory
/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/setupSaneScan4: line 13: /etc/sane.d/dll.conf: No file or directory
/opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/udev_config.sh: line 26: /etc/udev/rules.d/60-brother-brscan4-libsane-type1.rules: No file or directory
chmod: '/etc/udev/rules.d/60-brother-brscan4-libsane-type1.rules' cannot be accessed: The file or directory does not exist
brscan-skey-0.3.1-1.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ihv --nodeps --replacefiles --replacepkgs brscan-skey-0.3.1-1.x86_64.rpm
Verifying... .[100%]
Preparing... [100%]
Updating /installing...
1:brscan-skey-0.3.1-1 ' "100%]
ln: Failed to create the symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/brscan_mail.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/brscan-skey.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/brscan-snmp.cfg': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/scantofile.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/scantoimage.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create the symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/scantoocr.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create symbolic link '/etc/opt/brother/scanner/brscan-skey/scantoemail.config': The file already exists
ln: Failed to create the symbolic link '/usr/bin/brscan-skey': The file already exists
ls: '/etc/udev/rules.d/*.rules' cannot be accessed: The file or directory does not exist
linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.2-1: line 1256: /etc/udev/rules.d/60-brother-libsane-type1-inst.rules: No file or directory
chmod: '/etc/udev/rules.d/60-brother-libsane-type1-inst.rules' cannot be accessed: The file or directory does not exist

thank you I wish you all the best

In address bar of browser, input
Code:
localhost:631
, which takes one to CUPS interface.Under "CUPS for Administrators" click on "Adding printers and classes." Go from there.

Staff online