Installation stuck :Fedora32 has dracut initqueue timeout and more

maki

Reaction score
Credits
I created bootable USBs with UNetbootin with Fidora32. The computer is with Ubuntu, and I am trying to replace it with Fidora32 now. Boot is successful. The first stuck is: dracut initqueue timeout with two warnings: /dev/disk/by-label/Fedra-WS-Live-32-1-6 does not exist, and /dev/root does not exist. If I choose exit from emergency mode, it continues but stuck with dracut initqueue timeout, then it suggested to write my own initramfs. I am new to Linux. Older forum topics discuss dracut, but I do not know the context in the filesystem. I also have tried different distros with Ventoy USB, and that works to start and stuck in the process of installation in the GUIs, too (e.g I cannot type in).

Before installation and configuration, is it possible to overwrite some files or create new file, a initramfs, and the image can be still validated? If so, next, I want step-by-step fix in beginner's level.

It's been a week. I know recent distros update frequently, tried to downloaded fresh one. Then that was installed with no problem. I did update and upgrade soon after, too. Though I did not any thing.

It looks like you removed the boot USB too quickly the first time.
Or for some reason, the "create boot partition" never successfully created.

Do you know how much RAM you have?
What kind of CPU?
How big is your hard drive?
What kind of video card?

It's:
RAM Mem total = 1917384, Swap = 3055612
CPU = Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8300
Size of hard drive = 2GiB system memory
Kind of video card = Intel Integrated Graphics Controller

@dos2unix, thank you very much for some hints what I should know. Too much information was obtained by lshw, lscpu, and I am not sure those are the ones much.

What is output of ...

fdisk -l (lowercase L)

free -mh

lspci

lshw -class cpu

========================

I like fedora, I use it quite a bit, but it's a bit on the heavy side.
It likes lots of resources. I suspect your computer might be a little below what is recommended.

@dos2unix, thank you very much for that, that is just I wanted to see.
Yes, this pc is often thought to be a tablet by apps. But, this is even much better for the storage issues after becoming a Linux machine. I wish I could combine my further old 32-bit pc with this 64-bit but little.
I'll see resources!

Members online