Installed apps and fonts are unreadable-too small

ParanaSlim

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings,

I installed Stacer and Inkscape last evening. The all the fonts in Stacer and the fonts to operate Inkscape are microscopic. I'm using Mint 20.04 an all my other fots are easily legible. The only fix I find is to use Tweak. I know there has to be a better way. Can someone offer a solution?

I tried altering the Scaling and Font size in Settings neither of which seemed to alter the app fonts.

TIA, PS

Last edited:

G'day Slim and welcome to linux.org :)

I won't say I have the answer, but tell us which DE (desktop environment) you use eg MATE, Xfce or Cinnamon, and I'll take a look.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

G'day Slim and welcome to linux.org :)

I won't say I have the answer, but tell us which DE (desktop environment) you use eg MATE, Xfce or Cinnamon, and I'll take a look.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Thanks Wiz. I'm on Mint 20.1 Cinnamon. Just noticed the same minute fonts in VirtualBox

Ta (Aussie for thank you, pronounced tar) for that.

I have some shopping to do but when I get back, I have a Mint Cinnamon 20 test environment (likely close enough to 20.1) I can look at with them.

With Stacer and Inkscape, did you install them through Synaptic Package Manager, or in terminal, or downloaded from the internet?

Cheers

Wiz

Try going to panel settings > panel appearance > click on "bottom zone" > increase the symbolic icon size (px).

Staff online

Members online