Installed Popo OS on clean HD.

clanmaurice

Reaction score
Credits
I installed Popo Os and went through all the things I read about. Yes, I am a bit of a Newbe where Linux is concerned. But nevertheless, I am still so very interested in attempting to drop Window 10 and swap over. My problem today was, I just could not get Steam to connect to the internet. I did manage to instal Lutheris with out any problems. This was even though I was accessing the net with my browser. I just do not understand it. I bet it is something little and like a newby I have no idea what it is. Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, as a matter of fact I actually did mean POP OS. Possibly due to me flaming old age I got it a bit wrong. It does happen to Newbies sometimes. When I tried to log into to Steam in the Pop Shop, it keeps telling me it does not have internet connection. I do not understand why this is, as I have connection with the browser etc. If you cannot help me, no problem. All the best.

Possibly due to me flaming old age I got it a bit wrong.

It's okay. This forum is pretty much full of old people, myself included!

Now that we know what distro you're using, we can move on.

You have regular connectivity with the computer in question? You can surf the net, run updates, download email, watch videos, and stuff like that?

If the above is true, can you elaborate as to Steam not connecting? That's a bit generic. There are all sorts of reasons for things to not connect. Does it give you any specific errors?

Finally, if you look through the forum, you'll find very few questions are answered in the first several responses. We often need to ask for clarification - such as making sure we're on the same page with regards to which OS you're actually using.

As POP!_OS is based on Ubuntu, we can hopefully get you sorted in short order.

I'm going to ping @f33dm3bits because they're a gamer. (Others may also be gamers.) They live in an entirely different time zone, so may well be in bed at this hour.

Was Steam already installed or did you install it yourself, if you installed yourself how did you install it? Aside from that you don't have to do anything special to get a network connection with Steam. If you have a working internet connection Steam works, so if you can browse the web your Steam shouldn't have any problems connecting to the Internet. It is possible to enable Steam in Offline Mode:
1. Click on Steam in the menu(top left)
2. Click on Go Offline
3. Click Restart and go Offline.

If you happen to be in Offline mode you can switch to Online mode again.
1. Click on Steam in the menu(top left)
2. Go on Go Online
3. Click Restart and go Online

Last edited:
Hi Guys and I might say a big thank you for having the patience with me. I finally got the steam to connect and I logged into steam. I did this through trying this and that. I just need to see now if I can play the games in my Steam account. I also have to finish off installing Lutheris the right way. I shall also consider trying to put Feral Game mode on and Xanmod. I cannot tell you how happy I am to have received the help I got. Please regard this problem as solved. Haha, I bet you are saying on the qt , " he'll be back ". All the best