installing timeshift on EndeavourOS

captain-sensible

Reaction score
Credits
timeshift , i found was not available in Arch vanilla standard repo's but i found it here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/timeshift/?O=10&PP=10

i could have enabled AUR in system but instead decided to not install that route.

Instead i downloaded the "snapshot" link shown in above url. Then simply right click to extract timeshift.tar.gz to Desktop, Then it was just a case of cd'ing into timeshift directory and running:

Code:
makepkg -si

I had already prepared a 64gig usb stick with ext4 file system same as that i chose for my EndeavourOS ; lauched timeshift and followed my nose

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-04_14-59-08.png
    Screenshot_2021-05-04_14-59-08.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 441

AUR helpers are there to help you automatically update the AUR packages, unless you want to git pull manually to check if there are updates available for a package. I use aurutils to manage my installed AUR packages but the most popular one I think is yay or paru.

Curious, yay was already installed on my Endeavour OS, Andy.

Any questions on Timeshift you can always ask over at my

Timeshift Thread

I have it installed on over 70 Linux

Wiz

Chris, there's a good chance mine did too.. an element of me not being my usual prudent self and a touch of over enthusiasm ? I got timeshift working and created a snapshot ; took quite some time but thats probably a reflection of wifes laptop - cheap and cheerful

I have now the knowledge to put :
Code:
pacman -Qi <pkg>

to good use

Members online