Installing wifi adapter questions

Janni

Reaction score
Credits
I got a refurbished Dell computer with Xubuntu 17.04 for my daughter. It does not have a network wifi card. I bought a BrosTrend AC650 for Linux adapter on Amazon. It does not have a driver for Linux on the CD. And when I try their website, it redirects to trend-tech.net.cn. So I am kind of worried about downloading driver...I can't even find the exact driver that I need on their website. Does anyone have a suggestion? Or should this be returned to Amazon?

Thanks, Janni

I got a refurbished Dell computer with Xubuntu 17.04 for my daughter. It does not have a network wifi card. I bought a BrosTrend AC650 for Linux adapter on Amazon. It does not have a driver for Linux on the CD. And when I try their website, it redirects to trend-tech.net.cn. So I am kind of worried about downloading driver...I can't even find the exact driver that I need on their website. Does anyone have a suggestion? Or should this be returned to Amazon?

Thanks, Janni
I cannot find that adapter in the Amazon US store. Do you have a link to the item you purchased?

BrosTrend does show a driver on their website but you may not need it. Many devices will work just fine with Linux. Try it and see if it will work. I have used a number of PCI wireless cards and wireless USB dongles with my various Linux machines and they always 'just worked'. Fingers crossed! :)

When I clicked the link to download the driver from the Trend Tech site it did not redirect. The download is coming from their own domain.

Members online

Latest posts