Interstitial ads shown to Gold Supporters.

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
Just want to make you aware of this, @Rob.

Being a Gold Supporter means 'no ads'.

My ad-blocking extension is still set to not block ads on this site.

I left PM section of the site to visit the main forum and got an interstitial ad. This was maybe the sixth or seventh time I've had it happen. This was the first time I realized that I should take a screenshot to explain what I mean.

Selection_001.png

May be a bug in the forum's ad management plugin?

Edit:

No, I was going from one page to the home page. That doesn't really change anything, but fixed for accuracy sake. (It was past my bedtime when I authored the above.)

Last edited:

desktop 1_002.png

I'm well aware that I could just block the ads, though if I did then I'd not find these sorta bugs.

I think they're called "interstitial ads" but these aren't in between sites - they're in between pages on the same site.

Update:

I found "#google_vignette" appended to the URL. I suspect vignette is the name of the ad type in Google-speak.

Quite strange, I am using an add-blocker and I have have an add popping up on the top right of my page below my profile.
2021-04-01_20_55_24.jpg

I suspect it's managed by an ad-management script that is supposed to not show ads to gold supporters and that something has changed - possibly in the way Google delivers the ads - and the forum extension/plugin hasn't caught up.

I do NOT have ads blocked. Prior to becoming a gold supporter, I viewed (and sometimes clicked) ads. I've never bothered turning ad-blocking on since then.

Members online

Latest posts