Intro From Chattanooga Tn Area and Glad To Be Here.

None-yet

Reaction score
Credits
Just joined back up after a long absents. I couldn’t find my old info due to a major loss because of a tornado earlier this year. When I did a lost my password I never got a email with any info so I assume I used a long lost email rather than my normal email. I do that sometimes. So I rejoined and it took me.

I don’t consider myself a noob in most things computer related being certified in repairing, building, data recovery and forensics and a few other areas. My business email signature is “Certified Digital Forensics Investigations-Certified Electronic- Discovery Process-Certified Digital Evidence Collections & Chain Of Custody As Well As Authenticity and Integrity Of The Evidence All With-in The Daubert Standard -We Are Also Able To Collect Evidence Of Adultery, Wrong Doing, Crimes From Digital Devices In A Home Or Business Environment” which will give you an idea.

The reason I rejoined is because with everything I do professionally you can still see there is much more to learn. With tools I use professionally it is more like working in a Windows environment because much of it is point and click and it is done for you. I want more knowledge behind the point and click. I have worked using Kali to become more proficient with command line as well as put my brain more in a mode of thinking rather than the point and click because I believe to really understand things you need to know and understand the bolts, gears and wiring of what you are doing.

With my vast library of information I understand that the best teachers more so than books are the people around you. I decided to come back here and put some of the best around me because in the past I thought people here were the right people to be around.

All of the above being said. I have found that today’s biggest threat are the trouble makers whom have very little knowledge but they are great in numbers. This would be what are often called script kiddy’s. Today if you have a understanding of very little but can hang around certain places online long enough you pick up tools that allow you to be able to do a lot of damage with very little real know how. So I have decided to set up many computers running virtual systems to be able to get a better understanding of these tools. I need to learn more about many of the tools that I do not use that are found in Kali, Parrot and other systems these guys use. I believe this will allow me to better serve my customers as well as be more knowledgeable in protecting those I love whom are at risk when they are online. I am fascinated with brute forcing, R.A.T’s and what it takes to perform functions to cause damage to systems, lives and disrupt every day normal life of others. I recently worked with local authorities to track down and convict a group of people who were blackmailing a couple with 3 children because of what they downloaded from the family’s home computer. This was the turning point for me because what was on their system was legal and their own business but not something they wanted divulged publicly. Thus because of the theft of email credentials that allowed contact info to be grabbed as well as downloading everything on their home computer they felt at great risk. I am building a collection of wordlists, R.A.T’s and learning the tools in Kali because these things have become as big a threat as the state actors whom have the knowledge to steal state secrets I know more individuals are touched every day. Those people are the ones I want to have a better understand of so I will be better able to serve them. These people are the core of my business. In order to win you need to understand the rules. I want a better understanding of those rules.

This is my story and my introduction and my current reason for joining back up. I hope to meet you all and to contribute. I do have a habit of reading more so that asking questions because I do think one should try to win the answers to questions rather than have someone hand it to you. I will be around and sure you will also see me asking questions or maybe even answering questions.

If you read this whole thing. Thank you!

Welcome back to the forums @None-yet , looking forward to learning from your posts. What was your previous username here on the forums? And what Linux distro do you run?

That was the problem. I couldn't remember what it was. That is really why I chose "None-yet. I still have hopes of locating it. At this point I suspect I won't but I do have an old pc in storage I was going to check when I get the chance. That is my last hope.

Right now all I am running is Kali Linux. Plan on putting Mint and maybe Ubuntu. I have 9 computers each running Kali or Windows. As posted above most situations I have encountered in my work are people running Kali. So I am starting off their. Suggestions are welcome.

My business email signature is “Certified Digital Forensics Investigations-Certified Electronic- Discovery Process-Certified Digital Evidence Collections & Chain Of Custody As Well As Authenticity and Integrity Of The Evidence All With-in The Daubert Standard -We Are Also Able To Collect Evidence Of Adultery, Wrong Doing, Crimes From Digital Devices In A Home Or Business Environment”
Greetings.
Looking forward to your expertise and experience.
Whew! That's some email signature!!!

G'day,and Welcome

If you read this whole thing. Thank you!

A lot of people might see the above and think TL;DR

... but I found it fascinating :)

Welcome back.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome back :)

Members online

Latest posts