Introduction to Linux

Torisusanto12

Credits
saya menarik bagi saya, sebelumnya saya meminta banyak terimakasih dengan adanya informasi tentang materi tentang linux.
Saya juga pernah belajar tentang linux di situs ToriqaMedia, ada banyak informasi menarik tentang linux, terutama sejarah dan perkembangan linux itu sendiri.
Dan saya tertarik belajar lebih dalam lagi, mohon dukungannya.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits

sp331yi

Credits
@Santosin --
what is best linux software for me to download an how can i download it?
That depends on two things, IMHO -- which distro is being used; and the preferences of the User.

Your question cannot be answered other than subjectively (you're going to get all sorts of answers depending on the preferences of the person answering).

For example, for burners of CDs and DVDs, I prefer K3B even though I may be using a WM (and not a DE) and using it depends on me installing many files from the KDE library. For others, xfburn may suffice.

A Debian distro arguabley has the largest selection of software for GNU/Linux available today. Slackware is rather limited, due to its KISS philosophy. Most distros fall between the two.

What is your primary use of your PC going to be?

How can you download it? Via your package manger (depends on your distro) or by tarball.

If OP is talking of a GNU/Linux ditribution, itself, look at the top of the page.

Not the answer you were looking for (another question)? Welcome to GNU/Linux!

Last edited:

sp331yi

Credits

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits

sp331yi

Credits
K. Just curious. Delete if you want, wiz.

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
It's cool, Wile E. :) . It's @Rob 's Thread, and he can clean up anything he likes, he de Boss :)

We have only 8 short paragraphs of Terms and Rules here (compared to 35 or so, and a lot of scrolling, at Stalag 13 where Brian @Condobloke and I came from 3 years ago). I would just regard it as a protocol, or etiquette, that we try to maintain the direction of Articles and Tutorials.

And of course thanks to Rob's efforts, we have the Off Topic section where we can gasbag about all the languages Wizard does not speak well :)

Avagudweegend all.

sp331yi

Credits
We have only 8 short paragraphs of Terms and Rules here (compared to 35 or so, and a lot of scrolling, at Stalag 13 where Brian @Condobloke and I came from 3 years ago). I would just regard it as a protocol, or etiquette, that we try to maintain the direction of Articles and Tutorials.
. . .
Avagudweegend all.
Thanks for the 'distillation,' @wizardfromoz, and may you Have a good one, yourself!

AgentJones

Credits
Thank you for creating this thread, OP. It's very useful. Right now I'm learning stuff about coding. I want to become a network engineer and I need to start from something. Not so long ago one of my friends actually became Cisco certified network engineer. He told me that I can do it too.. with a little help. He told me about this cciedump.spoto.net site. They provide help with Cisco certification or something. Right now I have some doubts about should I do it. On the other hand, Cisco certification can open a lot of doors for me.

Last edited:

Condobloke

Credits
Lubuntu is just fine

If you are having any problems with it, just open a fresh topic, HERE ....click on 'Post Thread" icon in yellow....and tell us all about it

Members online