IP webcam?

H

her-flower

Ok, here's the deal. I need to figure out how to use the webcam on my laptop as an IP cam. I'm running Linux Mint (can't remember the version right off but its the one based off Ubuntu 10.04). My g's ex husband is trying to terrorize her and this may be the only way she and I can catch him and have him put away. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Andrea

You may want to look into your local laws to make sure that what you are doing is legal.

Assuming it is legal, there's programs out there (free) that will fetch an image from a provided web cam every 1 minute/10 seconds/3 hrs/etc... You can then write a simple Bash script or something to send that image to a website for viewing. Or post it on Twitter or something even.

I'm sure there are better ways to go about handling this matter, but this is possible. I don't know any off the top of my head, but its easy to find.

Another option, while I'm not too fond of this website in general, is here: http://www.wikihow.com/Stream-Your-Webcam It can at least steer you in the right direction.

Members online

Latest posts