IQnection acquires LinuxForum.com

R

Rob

[h=1]IQnection acquires LinuxForum.com[/h]
IQnection breathing new life into popular Linux Forum

DOYLESTOWN, PA, Oct 31 2011 - IQnection Internet Services, Inc, an Internet Hosting company in Doylestown, PA, today has announced its acquisition of LinuxForum.com, a popular Internet forum providing Linux discussion, articles, news and more.

The LinuxForum.com community was started in 2002. Since then, it has grown to be one of the Internet’s premier Linux resources bringing together Linux users from all backgrounds and experience levels.

Greg Cawood, IQnection’s President, is excited about the acquisition. “One of the great things about Linux is the multitude of users out there willing to share their knowledge” he states. “Without Linux, IQnection wouldn’t be where it is today. I see this as a way to give back to the community that has helped us over the years”.

“IQnection is dedicated to rebuilding LinuxForum.com from the ground up to become the Internet’s number one resource for those looking for assistance. Our hosting team is on the site constantly posting helpful articles and answering questions that other Linux users may have.”

About IQnection: IQnection is a web hosting, design, and advertising company located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, just north of Philadelphia. IQnection began in 2000 developed by entrepreneurs Greg Cawood and Bob Campbell, two businessmen committed to developing and maintaining innovative, intelligent connections for clients to the Internet.

Related Links:
LinuxForum.com - [url]http://www.linuxforum.com[/URL]
IQnection.com - [url]http://www.iqnection.com[/URL]

Very well done!

Aren't there too little posts to be a premier spot for linux users though? Or haven't you imported the database yet?

Hi Jay - Thanks for joining up!

At one point - in or around 2008.. This forum was one of the few useful Linux forums out there. Shortly after that time however, it shut down. The previous owner is trying to track down a database dump from then but isn't having any luck as of yet.

We hope he's able to find it but at the same time see it as an opportunity to start fresh.

Hope to see you around the forum,

Rob

I like the new look and feel. I was an admin for linuxforum back in the good old days. I don't really remember why it went offline, but after a brief comeback it turned into a spamfest. Hopefully this go around will be much better.

Thanks Tom! Each morning I go through the new registrations and see if any spammers got in.. we have it pretty locked down, but not so much that it's a pain to register. Hope to see you around - spread the word!

I like the new look and feel. I was an admin for linuxforum back in the good old days. I don't really remember why it went offline, but after a brief comeback it turned into a spamfest. Hopefully this go around will be much better.

Hey tommy-boy! Good to see you! Still helping out over at PF? I hit it up from time to time, but kind of took a step back from all that after 7 years (wow, that was a long time ago).

Hey tommy-boy! Good to see you! Still helping out over at PF? I hit it up from time to time, but kind of took a step back from all that after 7 years (wow, that was a long time ago).

Yes, I am still and admin there but I don't do much anymore. I normally just step in if there is a server or security issue.

Staff online