Is a monitor a character device?

C

CrazedNerd

Since things that read data in streams are classified as such (or atleast that's my understanding of it...) is your monitor considered a character device?

Since things that read data in streams are classified as such (or atleast that's my understanding of it...) is your monitor considered a character device?
It is CrazedNerd, nice picture of jessie from breaking bad. Every peripheral for a computer is a character device, and since monitors do not store data and often rely on serial ports, yes they are character devices! Good job!

CrazedNerd ... talking to himself, answering his own question, and creeping on his own avatar.
SlowCoder obviously doesn't even understand what the verb creep even means...there was no discretion or plotting in my post.

However, everyone, i've also discovered that not every device on a linux system can be characterized as a character or block device, an example would be a network interface. I would think that typical RAM, monitors, also can't be put into those two categories because that's perhaps not how a linux system sees it, but i don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is CrazedNerd, nice picture of jessie from breaking bad.
Google or whatever searching engine you use is your friend! :)
Off-topic: Can I have some of your stash Jessie, I would love a few bumps of that crystal.

Staff online

Members online