is there a lubuntu live 18.04 for 32bit?

paultimy

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I would like to install Linux because my netbook is very old and windows 7 is very very very slow. I am testing lubuntu 16.04 live because I couldn't find other 32bit version but it is not updated. I wasn't able to go on a few websites because firefox is too old (version 65). I must be sure I do the right thing because I wil not be able to go back to windows 7 because it is not supported any more. I tried to update firefox but wasn't able. I have a samsung netbook np n310 of 2009.
Is version 18.04 updated? Can I install version 18.04 on my netbook or is it too old and the only available version is 16.04?
Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to install Linux because my netbook is very old and windows 7 is very very very slow. I am testing lubuntu 16.04 live because I couldn't find other 32bit version but it is not updated. I wasn't able to go on a few websites because firefox is too old (version 65). I must be sure I do the right thing because I wil not be able to go back to windows 7 because it is not supported any more. I tried to update firefox but wasn't able. I have a samsung netbook np n310 of 2009.
Is version 18.04 updated? Can I install version 18.04 on my netbook or is it too old and the only available version is 16.04?
Thank you.
All of the *buntu versions use Live installers. Version 16.04LTS is now beyond end of life and receives no more security updates. Version 18.04 LTS is still available and receives updates, as is 19.10 which is not an LTS and goes end of life around July of this year. The next *buntu LTS will be 20.04, which is in beta right now and will be out of beta and released around April 23rd. 32 bit Linux is not yet completely out of business, but is supported in fewer distros as time goes on. I'm running Bodhi 5.0 Legacy, which is 32 bit, on my old Toshiba laptop, and it runs very well. Actually, any of the 32 bit Linux versions still work well, and except for the few technical differences between 32 and 64 bit, are no different in operation than their 64 bit counterparts.

Here's an excellent choice which is Ubuntu base and offered in 32bit.

Members online