Is there a way to merge two linux partitions without losing data? [SOLVED]

I'm still doing backup, even after choosing only important stuff It's being tricky to find where to save it. As soon as I get this done I'll bring some news

Take your time...be sure of what you are doing.

Don't work when you are tired, Mate - we'll still be here day by day.

Wiz

De nada meu amigo :)

That is looking fine.

If you have any questions directly related to your setup, this Thread remains open for that purpose.

For questions on other matters, start a new Thread.

During my Wednesday morning, I will put together a little information on your Swap, and also a bit of information on limitations and benefits of how your computer partitioning is set up.

Cheers for now, off for more coffee :cool:

Wizard

And more beer - I'll be back tomorrow, Rafael :)

Wiz

Hi there! I'm already using EOS with much more free space, but now unfortunately I'll need to install Windows 10 over Windows 7 (while having it installed on dual boot alongside EOS).

It seems that there's no other way to do this without "losing" both OS first, so doing a backup would be Timeshift's job. I already have an USB to boot Win10, and already installed Timeshift through PPA following the specific thread about it to do the backup. Now I'm thinking I have to use Gparted again from USB in order to reallocate HDD space to backup.

Better close this thread as it would get too off-topic, right?

Sure.

Question for you is do you have UEFI on your computer, as it is usually required to run Windows 10?

Start the Thread and I will ask more questions.

Cheers

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts