Is there a Wi-Fi solution for deepin os?

tammm

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all, i want to ask something is there any solution to use Wi-Fi on deepin os? If so, may I ask for the solution? I'm new to this but don't understand what to do. Thank you I hope to interrupt the reply from you guys.

Hi all, i want to ask something is there any solution to use Wi-Fi on deepin os? If so, may I ask for the solution? I'm new to this but don't understand what to do. Thank you I hope to interrupt the reply from you guys.
Hey dude! Sure thing, I've got you covered. In order to use Wi-Fi on Deepin OS, you'll need to make sure that the appropriate drivers are installed. You can check if your Wi-Fi drivers are installed by opening up the terminal and typing in the following command:

lspci -vnn | grep Network

This will show you if your network adapter is recognized by the system. If it is recognized, great! You should be able to connect to Wi-Fi without any issues. If it's not recognized, you'll need to find the appropriate drivers for your network adapter and install them.

Once you have confirmed that your network adapter is recognized, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network by clicking on the Wi-Fi icon in the top right corner of the screen and selecting the network you want to connect to. You'll be prompted to enter the network's password (if it has one) and then you should be good to go.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

@tammm Good morning and welcome to the forums,
as tuxbot has said, it is likely you are missing a wi-fi driver, in most cases an easy fix provided you have alternative means of connecting the offending machine to the internet, to download and install which ever you may need,

as tuxbot has said, it is likely you are missing a wi-fi driver, in most cases an easy fix provided you have alternative means of connecting the offending machine to the internet, to download and install which ever you may need,
Thank You. I really helped, but to install it how do I connect it to the internet?

Thank You. I really helped, but to install it how do I connect it to the internet?
Hey dude! You can try connecting to the internet via Ethernet cable, if your computer has an Ethernet port. Just plug one end of the cable into your computer's Ethernet port, and the other end into your modem or router.

If you don't have access to Ethernet, you can always try using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. You can find these adapters for relatively cheap online. Once you have the adapter, just plug it into one of your computer's USB ports and follow the instructions for installing the necessary drivers.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hey dude! You can try connecting to the internet via Ethernet cable, if your computer has an Ethernet port. Just plug one end of the cable into your computer's Ethernet port, and the other end into your modem or router.

If you don't have access to Ethernet, you can always try using a USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. You can find these adapters for relatively cheap online. Once you have the adapter, just plug it into one of your computer's USB ports and follow the instructions for installing the necessary drivers.

I don't have Wi-Fi router, is there any other way to install it?

I don't have Wi-Fi router, is there any other way to install it?
If you don't have a Wi-Fi router, one way to install the necessary drivers is by using a wired connection to your modem or router. If your computer doesn't have an Ethernet port, you can use an Ethernet-to-USB adapter to connect the computer to the modem or router using a USB port.

Once you have a wired connection to the internet, you can download and install the necessary drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter. You can do this by going to the website of the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi adapter, finding the driver download page, and downloading the appropriate driver for your operating system. Make sure to follow the instructions for installing the driver carefully, as different drivers may have slightly different installation procedures.

If you don't have a Wi-Fi router, one way to install the necessary drivers is by using a wired connection to your modem or router. If your computer doesn't have an Ethernet port, you can use an Ethernet-to-USB adapter to connect the computer to the modem or router using a USB port.

Once you have a wired connection to the internet, you can download and install the necessary drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter. You can do this by going to the website of the manufacturer of your Wi-Fi adapter, finding the driver download page, and downloading the appropriate driver for your operating system. Make sure to follow the instructions for installing the driver carefully, as different drivers may have slightly different installation procedures.

I don't have all of them, what should I do next?

I don't have all of them, what should I do next?
If you don't have an Ethernet port or an Ethernet-to-USB adapter, and you don't have a USB Wi-Fi adapter either, your options for connecting to the internet to download the necessary drivers are limited.

One approach would be to use another computer to download the necessary drivers from the internet, and transfer them to your computer via a USB drive or external hard drive. This will of course require you to have access to another computer that is connected to the internet, but it's a good option if it's available to you.

Another option is to use a cellular data connection to connect to the internet. If you have a smartphone with a cellular data plan, you can usually create a mobile hotspot that will allow you to connect your computer to the internet using your phone's internet connection. Keep in mind that this may eat up a lot of your data plan, so it's best to use this option sparingly.

If you don't have an Ethernet port or an Ethernet-to-USB adapter, and you don't have a USB Wi-Fi adapter either, your options for connecting to the internet to download the necessary drivers are limited.

One approach would be to use another computer to download the necessary drivers from the internet, and transfer them to your computer via a USB drive or external hard drive. This will of course require you to have access to another computer that is connected to the internet, but it's a good option if it's available to you.

Another option is to use a cellular data connection to connect to the internet. If you have a smartphone with a cellular data plan, you can usually create a mobile hotspot that will allow you to connect your computer to the internet using your phone's internet connection. Keep in mind that this may eat up a lot of your data plan, so it's best to use this option sparingly.

Thank you

Hi, I installed Deepin 20.9 on dual boot a week or so ago and my wireless adapter is a Broadcom 802.11b/g, which works just fine on my Windows 11. Strange thing is on Deepin the fly-out on the signal icon displays all possibles networks (some of downstaires neighbours) except my own with my router just next to the laptop (I have 2 networks with the ext. device). Even the connect to hidden network feature is of no use.

Hi, I installed Deepin 20.9 on dual boot a week or so ago and my wireless adapter is a Broadcom 802.11b/g, which works just fine on my Windows 11. Strange thing is on Deepin the fly-out on the signal icon displays all possibles networks (some of downstaires neighbours) except my own with my router just next to the laptop (I have 2 networks with the ext. device). Even the connect to hidden network feature is of no use.
Hey dude! It sounds like your wireless adapter may not be properly recognized by Deepin, or there may be an issue with the driver. Here are a few things you can try:

1. Check if the driver is installed: Open up the terminal and type in the following command:

lspci -vnn | grep Network

This will show you if your network adapter is recognized by the system. If it is recognized, it will display the details of your network adapter including the driver in use. If it isn't recognized, you'll need to install the appropriate driver.

2. Install the Broadcom driver: If the driver is not installed, try installing the Broadcom driver for your wireless adapter. You can do this by opening up the terminal and typing in the following command:

sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source

This should install the necessary driver and firmware for your Broadcom wireless adapter.

3. Restart the network manager: If the driver is installed but you're still having issues, you can try restarting the network manager. Open up the terminal and type in the following command:

sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

This should restart the network manager and hopefully fix any issues.

4. Manually add the Wi-Fi network: If the above steps don't work, you can try manually adding your Wi-Fi network by opening up the terminal and typing in the following command:

sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/WIFIName

Replace "WIFIName" with the name of your Wi-Fi network. This will open up a configuration file for the network. Look for the line that says "hidden=true" and change it to "hidden=false". Save the file and exit.

After modifying the configuration file, you should be able to find and connect to your Wi-Fi network through the network manager.

Hi, thank you for the detailed answer but it didnt solve the issue.
I followed the instructions to the letter and managed to get the name of my wifi network displayed by the wireless network manager for a brief moment before it simply vanishes.
The wireless network says it isn't connected even though the toggle is ON- the icon stays grayed.
Well, I have the wired network to access the internet, I just use the wifi network for files share between my laptop and my Android phone.
Thanks for your time.

I followed the instructions to the letter and managed to get the name of my wifi network displayed by the wireless network manager for a brief moment before it simply vanishes.
The wireless network says it isn't connected even though the toggle is ON- the icon stays grayed.
Well, I have the wired network to access the internet, I just use the wifi network for files share between my laptop and my Android phone.
Thanks for your time.
Hey dude! Sorry to hear that the previous steps didn't work for you.

Here are a few more things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for any conflicting software: Some security software or network managers can cause conflicts with Deepin's network manager. Check to make sure that you don't have any other network or security software installed that could be interfering with your Wi-Fi connection.

2. Try using a different Wi-Fi adapter: If you have access to another Wi-Fi adapter, try using it to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the issue is with your adapter or with Deepin's network manager.

3. Contact Deepin's support team: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Deepin's support team for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps specific to your setup or be able to provide a fix for the issue.

I hope this helps you solve the issue. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

you can try to connect via USB-Tethering(can be enabled on android hotspot config), if this run you have an additional ethernet device on your laptop you can use.

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

you can try to connect via USB-Tethering(can be enabled on android hotspot config), if this run you have an additional ethernet device on your laptop you can use.
Hey! That's a great suggestion. Connecting your Android phone to your laptop via USB tethering can create a new network interface for your laptop to use. This should allow you to transfer files between your phone and laptop even if your Wi-Fi adapter isn't working properly.

To enable USB tethering on your Android phone:

1. Connect your phone to your laptop via USB cable.
2. On your phone, go to "Settings" and then "Network & internet".
3. Tap on "Hotspot & tethering".
4. Tap on "USB tethering" to enable it.

Once you've enabled USB tethering on your phone, your laptop should recognize it as a wired network device. You may need to configure your network settings to use the new interface.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts