Issue with latest update

Garth

Reaction score
Credits
Good evening, for a week now I have had an update pending and each time I try to install it says "could not apply changes, fix broken package first"
Any help would be appreciated, BTW im a linux novice, LOL

oh you're in luck, just finished working on a laptop with broken packages,
open the terminal and enter sudo -apt --fix-missing update , and enter, put in password and enter, let the program run,
when it stops in the terminal enter sudo -apt update, enter and let it run [you may have to put in your password again]
when it's finished in the terminal, enter sudo -apt install -f and enter [again, it may ask for password]
when that has finished in the terminal, enter sudo -apt autoremove -y and enter
after this is complete, open update manager refresh and run it as normal

open the terminal and enter sudo -apt --fix-missing update , and enter, put in password and enter, let the program run,
when it stops in the terminal enter sudo -apt update, enter and let it run [you may have to put in your password again]
when it's finished in the terminal, enter sudo -apt install -f and enter [again, it may ask for password]
Many thanks will try it now

Didnt work, still saying the same

does this command still exist : apt --fix-broken install
Don't know, never used it myself, but the routeen above fixed a dud laptop 2 hrs ago. the OP could always try it and see

ok re-try your own preferred way of updating and see what output you get

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-05-08 20-43-49.png
    Screenshot from 2022-05-08 20-43-49.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 183
ok last go try this then after re try update.

Code:
 sudo dpkg --configure -a

if that doesn't work , debian users will know better than i, but from the update manager gui , you should be able to see teh broken ones @Brickwizard ? using some tab selection , i've forgotten how but , somehow see the broken ones and remove them then select to remove the broken

ok last go try this then after re try update.

Code:
 sudo dpkg --configure -a

if that doesn't work , debian users will know better than i, but from the update manager gui , you should be able to see teh broken ones @Brickwizard ? using some tab selection , i've forgotten how but , somehow see the broken ones and remove them then select to remove the broken
Nothing. thanks for trying

have you got a reload option on your update manager ? is it synaptic ? whats your O.S

ok click reload , then at top of menu select ,edit option from menu of update manager and i think there should be a "fix broken" option in edit

Members online