Issue with Security Onion VM

mschmerbeck

Reaction score
Credits
Long story short, I setup a Security Onion VM in Oracle VirtualBox on a Windows 10 laptop.. I had everything working fine, however the laptop did not have enough resources to run my VM as I needed it to.. I then installed Oracle VirtualBox on another PC with a lot more resources, and then moved my "security onion" folder from here C:\Users\Administrator\VirtualBox VMs\Security Onion on the old system to the same exact path on the replacement system.. I then opened my settings in VirtualBox and made sure to give the two network interfaces that I have setup new MAC addresses.. I then started up my system (which was working just fine before I did this mind you) and now I am getting a message on boot that says that I'm in emergency mode and that the root account is locked, presss enter to continue.. You press enter, it says the same message for all eternity never givng you the option to sign int as anyone else or enter any commands..

What did I do wrong? What did I forget to do? How do I fix this? I really would prefer to not go through setting up everything on this VM again but I need it to work on this other system.

Thanks in advance.

Members online