Issues with Corrupted Display

bonsaiBillie

Reaction score
Credits
Hello friendos!

I've been facing issues with my display for Fedora 30 Cinnamon on my Matebook Huawei laptop.

Every now and then some of my open applications displays are corrupted, and then when I move the window about it temporarily corrects the display. I've attached an image showing this (I had to take it with my phone camera as it did not capture the issue with a screenshot).

When I use VS Code a similar issue arises. It seems to sometimes jumble certain areas of the screen around, and when I mouse over them they are corrected.

I have tried updating Fedora, but that has not fixed it. I have also tried GNOME to see if that helped, but it actually is better on Cinnamon.

I'm not very experienced in this area, so I'm quite stuck. I tried looking into it but all I could find was a post about it possibly being my video card (no explanation given, just that it could be a comparability issue).

Please let me know if anyone can shed some light on this. WFH now so it's really getting annoying lol

Thanks,
Bonsai Billie

output for inxi -G

Graphics: Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Device-2: Quanta hm1091_techfront type: USB driver: uvcvideo
Display: x11 server: Fedora Project X.org 1.20.6 driver: ati,modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa
resolution: 1: 1920x1080~60Hz 2: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.36.0 5.6.7-100.fc30.x86_64 LLVM 8.0.0) v: 4.5 Mesa 19.1.8
103122421_1911284149002822_6049389560378515572_n.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not very experienced in this area, so I'm quite stuck. I tried looking into it but all I could find was a post about it possibly being my video card (no explanation given, just that it could be a comparability issue).
What's the graphics card make and model? If you have inxi installed, open a terminal and type
Code:
inxi -G
hit enter and report back with the output. If you don't, you can install it by typing in the terminal
Code:
sudo dnf install inxi
hit enter, type in your password when asked and wait for it to be finished, once it is, type the inxi command, hit enter, wait for the output and copy/past it here in the forum. Another way without installing anything is
Code:
lspci | grep -i vga
inxi's more much better though.

Definitely appears to be a graphics driver issue.
I don't use Fedora so I'm unable to offer any help. :(

What's the graphics card make and model? If you have inxi installed, open a terminal and type
Code:
inxi -G
hit enter and report back with the output. If you don't, you can install it by typing in the terminal
Code:
sudo dnf install inxi
hit enter, type in your password when asked and wait for it to be finished, once it is, type the inxi command, hit enter, wait for the output and copy/past it here in the forum. Another way without installing anything is
Code:
lspci | grep -i vga
inxi's more much better though.

Thanks for your reply. Here is the output for inxi -G

Graphics: Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Device-2: Quanta hm1091_techfront type: USB driver: uvcvideo
Display: x11 server: Fedora Project X.org 1.20.6 driver: ati,modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa
resolution: 1: 1920x1080~60Hz 2: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.36.0 5.6.7-100.fc30.x86_64 LLVM 8.0.0) v: 4.5 Mesa 19.1.8

Members online