It took effort to get this for you...

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
I'm mostly idle and watching live video (TV, if you're curious) online.

I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye, as I wasn't paying too much attention. I looked and I saw it again. That's when I prepped my fingers 'cause they only showed it for a brief second or two - and only a few times. So, it's good that I was speedy, 'cause I caught you this (edited down) screenshot:

FlBCYnf.png

Yup... It's a BSOD and it's just sitting there, rather than being shut off (or fixed).

As an aside...

I like to think I'm pretty well sorted when it comes to understanding computers. It may be that I have a faulty memory (quite possible) but I only recall getting useful information from a BSOD a couple of times. The many other times I saw the BSOD, it was largely gibberish and contained nothing of value to me.

I am told that MS has changed and now try to have better/more useful information in their BSOD (and that there's a red screen of death) but I dunno? I haven't used anything newer than Vista SP2. I never even moved to 7.

Unfortunately, I can't make out what's on the screen.

Unfortunately, I can't make out what's on the screen.

You need to get the teams in from Scorpion, NCIS, CSI or FBI INternational - they can enhance the picture pixel by pixel.

Or British team from Silent Witness are also good, ask for Nikki or Jack, but they might be more expensive.

You need to get the teams in from Scorpion, NCIS, CSI or FBI INternational - they can enhance the picture pixel by pixel.

I was watching a crime documentary, so I'd thought the same thing. "Enhance. Enhance. Enhance!"

A file only has the bits it came with. You can do some processing of the image, but I think many people think it's like they see on TV or in the movies.

BSOD wallpaper is a common background and can be downloaded anywhere.
1678159679740.png

My first thought was to search the internet for an image of a BSOD that matched the general pattern of paragraphs and lines of the video image in the first post. I could not find one.

I can think of many explanations for why I could not find a matching BSOD image. Some seemed reasonable, and others were far-fetched. I will not speculate here.

Today, I found another reason to chuckle...

Look on the left, under the table/counter:

eWd4FIT.png

I don't miss the dreaded BSOD...years ago I'd spend hours trying to find the meaning of those hexadecimal numbers and how to fix it...stupid me.
t2611.gif

Of cause the answer was right in front of me...windowz...how do I know...I got a BSOD in my w7 VM last year and the VM is a file.
m1823.gif

If you were writing, debugging, and testing Windows kernel code and got a BSOD, the information on the screen was useful. Sometimes.

Sometimes, but mostly.... NOT ! ;-)

Members online