It's time for a poll. How long have you used Linux?

How long have you used Linux?

• 0 to 6 months.

• 6 months (and a day) to 1 year.

• 1 year (and a day) to 18 months.

• 18 months (and a day) to 2 years.

• 2 years (and a day) to 3 years.

• 3 years (and a day) to 5 years.

• 5 years (and a day) to 10 years.

• 10 years (and a day) to 15 years.

• 15+ years.

Results are only viewable after voting.

brickwizard

Credits

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
it might have been better if it was a how long have you used *nix based OS .
LOL I'd not want to artificially inflate it. Linux is not Unix. Though that'd certainly change things. I used a terminal to connect to a mainframe at Dartmouth back in school - so early 70s.

rado84

Credits
6 years. 4 years using Mint, 2 years using Arch. I remember the exact date when I switched to Arch but I don't remember the date for Mint. Arch was on 25th May 2019.

Credits
I am newbie ex-apple100% gal, i learn linux late last year, i bought linux machine now i refuse to do anything on windows or mac ever i am now 100% Linux machine, OS, Opensource code free software only.
I start on mintOS now i have and use many VM's.

Last edited:

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
I on system76 currently, i only use what i need to.
Yeah, there's probably some binary blobs in there with closed source. Still, that's pretty awesome!

Also, this forum (the software behind the site) is closed source. There are opensource options, but I didn't make that decision. Hell, I wasn't even a member when that decision was made.

For at least that long when I paid for a boxed copy of RedHat 5.0 at the circuit-city
I had an old boxed version from a store, but didn't start using Linux exclusively until like a decade later. I think I saw your image recently, at some nostalgia post or article. Good times! Good times!

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Members online

Latest posts