James Webb space telescope images

f33dm3bits

Gold Member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits

INFO: Images below are of high quality from the original source, if you are on a mobile they may take longer to load.

Last edited:

STScI-01G7DDBW5NNXTJV8PGHB0465QP.png

STScI-01G7ETPF7DVBJAC42JR5N6EQRH.png

STScI-01G7DB1FHPMJCCY59CQGZC1YJQ.png

STScI-01G79R51118N21AAZ9MZ8XWWQ6.png

I made sure to check 'em out live this morning on the Science channel. Woohoo!!!

I hope we get as many years out of it as we got with Hubble!

I hope we get as many years out of it as we got with Hubble!
Me too! I've seen comparison pictures between the Hubble and the James Webb and the quality and sharpness difference is amazing!!

I've been pretty excited by the JWT for a long time, since long before it was launched. I've been hopeful, is a good way to put it. Hubble has some interesting history - including not working when it first got into space. Probably one of our most successful missions was repairing it.

You might want to put some sort of 'large image' warning in your thread title. I'm on mobile and it's loading really slow, so I assume those are fairly large images. (If I'm wrong, carry on...)

You might want to put some sort of 'large image' warning in your thread title. I'm on mobile and it's loading really slow, so I assume those are fairly large images. (If I'm wrong, carry on...)
I selected the smaller version of the images but I will add a warning.

#3 and #5 are awesome. They're star nurseries, where stars and star systems are born and raised. Yet, where they are, and the stuff they're being made from, was already stars. Those pictures stand as a reminder of how old the universe is - and how long it'll continue into the future. We humans really are so very insignificant.

@Rob Do you know what happened to the images I posted in my earliers posts in this topic, they seem to have broken?

I never get tired of thinking "Wow" when I see this stuff.

Thanks Maarten

Chris

I see what you mean. Did you save them to your drive first and then use eg Imgur, or link directly from the site?

I see what you mean. Did you save them to your drive first and then use eg Imgur, or link directly from the site?
I saved them to my drive then uploaded them, because when I click edit I see nothing now. If I had linked them through another website I would have seen the url which I used.

Staff online

Members online