Java Doesn't Recognize Certificate

AndersonSilvestre

Reaction score
Credits
Hello friends, it's my first post here, I hope you can help me and I can hope you someday too.

So let's go to my problem.
I work in an enterprise that has to make digital signatures in some docs in specific software that use Java. So we Downloaded the doc and open it with javaws.
But when I'll go to signature the Doc, java says that 'Isn't possible to find a certificate with the informed thumbprint'. But I already had installed the certificate in java, in the ca-certificate, in the Keystore, and another many other way that I see on the web. I'm three days stuck on this problem and I don't know how to resolve it.
And see, to download the doc I have to install the digital signature in Google Chrome, and in chrome it works very well, but in the Computer no.
Here we use Linux Mint and this process works very well in Windows, so because of this, we have 1 computer in Win10. But we want all computers in Linux. But first I have to resolve this problem.

I am not an expert at this here but I do know if it is a x509 cert you can install x509-utils which can be used to display certificate information, convert certificates to various forms, sign certificate requests like a "mini CA" or edit certificate trust settings.
Code:
sudo apt install x509-utils

more info is here - http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/focal/man1/x509.1ssl.html

I am not an expert at this here but I do know if it is a x509 cert you can install x509-utils which can be used to display certificate information, convert certificates to various forms, sign certificate requests like a "mini CA" or edit certificate trust settings.
Code:
sudo apt install x509-utils

more info is here - http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/focal/man1/x509.1ssl.html
Thank you, I appreciate this, and I'll try this. But maybe I've found the source of the problem. I guess is because of the java web application that I want to use, it searches for the certificate in the Firefox files. But is for the old firefox something about version 56. And the new version 84 has another kind of structure for files and the certificates, It has another name.
Idk how to change the application to search for a different file (with another name)or maybe I'll try to download the old version of Firefox to test if it runs.

Thank you, I appreciate this, and I'll try this. But maybe I've found the source of the problem. I guess is because of the java web application that I want to use, it searches for the certificate in the Firefox files. But is for the old firefox something about version 56. And the new version 84 has another kind of structure for files and the certificates, It has another name.
Idk how to change the application to search for a different file (with another name)or maybe I'll try to download the old version of Firefox to test if it runs.
I know the US Gov when they use Firefox they use the ESR version just for that reason so they don't have to change software that often that affects certs

I know the US Gov when they use Firefox they use the ESR version just for that reason so they don't have to change software that often that affects certs
I didn't know about this version of firefox.
But I have found the problem, it was really the version of firefox because they changed some name files and the java web search for the certificates in those files that don't exist anymore. So I installed version 54 and just put the certificates there, when de java web search for it they are in the right files. But to use the application I have to use chrome because firefox has a very old version and doesn't open the site. But it's ok, the important is that it worked.
Thank you for helping me :):)

I didn't know about this version of firefox.
But I have found the problem, it was really the version of firefox because they changed some name files and the java web search for the certificates in those files that don't exist anymore. So I installed version 54 and just put the certificates there, when de java web search for it they are in the right files. But to use the application I have to use chrome because firefox has a very old version and doesn't open the site. But it's ok, the important is that it worked.
Thank you for helping me :):)
Firefox -ESR (Extended Support Release) currently is version 78.6.1
Install Firefox ESR
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/ppa
Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt install firefox-esr
You can always try it - if it don't work simply remove it and delete the PPA

Members online

No members online now.