Join #LinuxForum.com on Freenode IRC

R

Rob

We've registered #linuxforum.com on the freenode IRC network.

Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #linuxforum.com

Software to use:
Linux command line: epic (look here), ircii, google for others
Linux GUI: xchat, pidgin, google for more
Windows: mirc, pirch, pidgin, google for more
Mac: erm.. pidgin?

My nickname on there is "kprojects". Come by and hang out!

I personally prefer irssi for a command line irc client. screen, irssi, and bitlbee ftw ;)

For the time being I have set up ##linuxforum. The old channel is currently owned by freenode-staff so I am in the process of getting us back ownership. Once we do that we will either set up #freenode to redirect to ##freenode, or vice versa, so you'll only need to remember one channel.

okay sure will park my znc there and join you guys as well if i'm available :)

prefer weechat and irssi for linux / osx (coz of their lightweight CLI) but sometimes using Mac-Irssi (gui version) and X-chat as well. In Windows, using mIRC and still weechat/irssi either by SSH tunnel to linux box or by using Cygwin as well.

Sounds good - most of us are around during the day USA time..

Great to see that LinuxForum has an IRC channel. Would be glad to join when i'm free.

I prefer using Chatzilla for Mozilla firefox and ofcourse Pidgin makes it even easier.

I'm using xchat in the moment

It's so lonely sometimes... how about some more guys joining ;-)?

so far
akendo

Urg. I love IRC and all... but why Freenode? It's a net run by children who are obsessed with maintaining "order". They seem to do this via constantly fighting, killing and taking over established channels. It's a bit silly. Try EFnet.

Awsome that we have an official Linuxforum chat :cool:
I'm not really a chatter, but I shall have a look in the chatroom!

Greets, Rik

EDIT: What is the link to get into the channel??
EDIT2: I missed the first post...

You'll need an IRC client, or you can connect to the web client that is provided by Freenode @ http://webchat.freenode.net/

You can join #linuxforum.com for our official channel
You can join #freenode for help with IRC
I'm usually in both channels plus #linux.org

If you are using your own client, you can connect to irc.freenode.net or chat.freenode.net

Awsome that we have an official Linuxforum chat :cool:
I'm not really a chatter, but I shall have a look in the chatroom!

Greets, Rik

EDIT: What is the link to get into the channel??
EDIT2: I missed the first post...

I was there in #linuxforum.com.. But sometimes, i didn't check my ZNC.. So, when it gone offline and back online, it stay without enter any channel.. :D

Staff online

Members online