Join us on IRC - #linux.org on Freenode

Add a web irc client or just some chat section to linux.org... It would be more dynamic

Why could we NOT do this? This site is php right? Having a window that opens an uncensored telnet site sounds doable... no registration, privilege inherits from main site if admin wants to police site, or new privileges for new page. Whatever. I think the chat site would be used more if it was linked in someway even if the link opened an existing IRC channel or a simple telnet server.

It is possible to add an IRC chat to the forum but it would significantly increase traffic and maybe cost of running the site.
There's a bunch of free web irc clients, one of them could be embedded in here in a way its server (irc.freenode.net) and channel (#linux.org) were preset, so that the user would only have to enter a nickname. Chat traffic would be outsourced.

You could load this client in an iframe as its design is flexible:
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/linux.org

There are other free web chat alternatives (hosted by 3rd party servers) too, but that is a very handy and ad-free one.

There are definitely solutions that could be enabled on this forum. @Rob thoughts?

I'm there again on #linux.org, but unfortunately, I'm alone again. There's no one there. Don't see xxghostxx or ehansen long time there.. So, I thought of just parking my znc bouncer there :D

With some tweaking, logging into linux.org could automatically log users into #linux.org

I'm there again on #linux.org, but unfortunately, I'm alone again. There's no one there. Don't see xxghostxx or ehansen long time there.. So, I thought of just parking my znc bouncer there :D
HEY PAL I SAW YOU THERE!!1!!!1 IT'S ALIVE