Just a general aside Query regarding browsers.

D

Deleted member 58530

In Chrome I have to disable java script to block ads, but it takes away other stuff too and I then use Adguard to get rid of the ads, of things I can't afford anyway.

I use Ublock Origin and it stops most of the ads.

I have looked everywhere for how to block auto play video's in Chrome, but have found no easy solution. Any ideas?

Pehaps this may help.

lekkerlinux

Reaction score
Credits
I use Ublock Origin and it stops most of the ads.

Pehaps this may help.

I tried the chrome flags thing but it didn't work. I have used Video autoplay blocker by Robert Sulkowski in the Chrome Web store but I'm not sure if it's a possible security risk. In Firefox the stop autoplay sound and video features works most of the time.

sawan12

Reaction score
Credits
I tried the chrome flags thing but it didn't work. I have used Video autoplay blocker by Robert Sulkowski in the Chrome Web store but I'm not sure if it's a possible security risk. In Firefox the stop autoplay sound and video features works most of the time.
Chrome flags don't work anymore, Also media-management's autoplay policy is set to "document-user-activation-required " on latest version of chrome. You cannot block videos from playing in background as suggested here(https://droidtheory.com/disable-autoplay-in-google-chrome/) you can only disable the audio from automatically playing not video. You can also mute site by right clicking on tab and then click mute site. I hope that team chrome will provide us the feature to disable autoplay media in future updates.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Members online