Kali Linux - Blurry Screen, Please help

aninixs

Reaction score
Credits
When I plugged in my USB drive and start my PC..the I press Boot key...the first interface was clear for me...but when I hit enter to "Graphical Install "..the whole screen got blurry..

@aninixs, wow ......as little detail as you could possibly tell us !!!

Pc type, model number...laptop or tower....ram, hd type, which Version of linux are you trying to install, how did you 'burn' the Linux iso to the usb stick...which app did you use to do that....did this pc previously have windows installed on it....did you go to bios and turn of secure boot....etc etc

Tell us the story, please.

@Condobloke
he has a graphics problem with his AMD ryzen 5 3400G, it could be almost anything, wrong UEFI settings, wrong/corrupt driver, wrong resolution settings being the most common faults, but your guess is as good as mine,
@aninixs More information please.

@aninixs, wow ......as little detail as you could possibly tell us !!!

Pc type, model number...laptop or tower....ram, hd type, which Version of linux are you trying to install, how did you 'burn' the Linux iso to the usb stick...which app did you use to do that....did this pc previously have windows installed on it....did you go to bios and turn of secure boot....etc etc

Tell us the story, please.
Hey tq for reply i use power iso for booting i am currently using windows 11 and Linux 2022.3 and my laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 AMD Athlon Silver 3050U 15.6 inches HD Thin and Light Business Laptop (4GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10/Radeon Graphics/Platinum

When I plugged in my USB drive and start my PC..the I press Boot key...the first interface was clear for me...but when I hit enter to "Graphical Install "..the whole screen got blurry..

I used poweriso for booting my pendrive and the Linux version i am using is 2022.3 my pc spec Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 AMD Athlon Silver 3050U 15.6 inches HD Thin and Light Business Laptop (4GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10/Radeon Graphics/Platinum...... if i messed up in boot menu plz let me know

Attachments

• 20221008_121955.jpg
    20221008_121955.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 192
There are over 1000 different distributions of Linux, why are you afraid to say that you're using Kali? I suggest you go to our kali forums and READ threads 2&4 [particularly the links in post 4]

As you original posted in a Ryzen thread, I assumed you had a Ryzen chip, not an Athlon, the main difference is the Athlon has Vega 2 graphics and the Ryzen has vega 3, but both use the same driver set.

Last edited:
Just a heads up Brian @Brickwizard - it's hard to merge threads when you are active in the one to be merged to, but I think I have done it.

Wizard

Locking this thread for a few minutes.

Unlocked now, and moved to Kali where it belongs.

....and Linux 2022.3

@aninixs , there is no Linux 2022.3 - Linux is a kernel. You are trying to use a Distribution Kali Linux 2022.3.

...and Brian @Brickwizard has hit it right on the head when saying

I suggest you go to our kali forums and READ threads 2&4 [particularly the links in post 4]

For clarification, they are (chronologically)

https://www.linux.org/threads/kali-linux-forum-readme-before-posting-in-here.27151/

and

https://www.linux.org/threads/an-in...-to-set-up-and-why-wont-people-help-me.37509/

If you have to ask about a blurry screen, you are not ready to be using Kali.

Try other Linux Distros for 5 years or so.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

ust a heads up Brian @Brickwizard - it's hard to merge threads when you are active
Chris,
I sent the request then closed FF and opened my mail server, must be a delay on our server. Thanks anyway

Brian

did you try booting in safe mode ? It would bypass whatever graphics card problem you are having.

Members online