KALI LINUX GRUB & BOOT ISSUES

GMLinux

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings. I’m a bit of a noob and new to this so don’t judge. I have a bootable usb with kali 2019.1 (if I remember correctly since it’s been a while) and a persistence partition. Booting it from my HP 250 G4 laptop works just fine, although I haven’t managed to get the right Broadcom drivers and I’m using an external wifi adapter. Thing is, I tried to boot in kali on a newer HP dw2 laptop the other day (after turning safe boot off), and the booting stops at a part that seems to be checking compatibility with the laptop’s audio interface. Waiting hasn’t proved to be doing anything. I found some similar problems that were solved by replacing the word “quiet” in the grub parameters so I thought I should try it and I notice there isn’t even such a parameter in either the live or the persistence grub parameters window after hitting e. I booted into Kali on my old laptop again and did an apt-get update and upgrade, and then went t check the Grub folder only to realize there wasn’t even a Grub folder under the boot directory. I’m confused and don’t know what to do. Any help would be much appreciated. 20210217_000931.jpg20210217_001002.jpg20210217_001016.jpg

KALI LINUX

Members online