Kali persistence encrypted "apt upgrade" crash

F3L1X

Reaction score
Credits
So I'm having issues with Kali 20.1 on a persistent USB.

Once several partions have been setup, one partition is encrypted. I boot into the encrypted persistence and run "apt update", no errors. I then run "apt upgrade" or "apt dist-upgrade" and at some point the screen goes blank with something like "can't change power mode to DO"?

Thing is, if I boot into the non-encrypted persistence it all works fine!

Advice please, I've tried this on different machines with the same output.

You can't update/upgrade a persistent flash drive.

It's just like a LiveCD + a persistent space line a Home.

To update/upgrade you need to have made a full and proper installation to the flash drive.

You can't update/upgrade a persistent flash drive.

It's just like a LiveCD + a persistent space line a Home.

To update/upgrade you need to have made a full and proper installation to the flash drive.

have you write your USB with Rufus or UUI? I have same problem but with
Kodachi, and are different setting for partition of "persistent"..... like for me,
don't work! need to chance the key USB.... not compatible.

I fixed my issue, I think it was mostly the size of the partition. I expanded it and flashed the OS to the USB again. I also downloaded the weekly iso to keep the updates to a minimum. It works like a dream now. Maybe try similar with kodachi?

Have you expanded your space for persistent use? But FAT32 has no more of 4g! Now if you use uui or rufus, you can't more... I have anytime Max choose 4g. Can you explained better? Merci

I formatted the drive to ext4 using Linux first. I then flashed the OS to the stick which creates a 4gb partition, then I expanded the partition to 15gb. You could expand it to the remaining capacity of the drive. I would recommend downloading the very latest version of your OS as I did.

Members online