Keyboard doesn't stop repeating letters when I press on it (linux mint)

Prosper

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everybody! May God bless you abundantly.

I have a problem with my keyboard. Today, 4 hours ago, I was making maps with Qgis (in linux mint in dualboot) and suddently, the keyboard started to press touches itself with repetition. With difficulty, I could save my work and quit the software. But the problem remains. When I press some touchs like "backspace", it becomes to repeat other letters during a certain time, So that I cant use some letters properly. And this damaged the windows system as well. When I press the same letters, it turns my screen to landscape randomly in windows system. Seriously, I need your help.

I don't have another but I tried the virtual keyboard and it works fine

Sounds to me like your "Bounce Keys" option got turned on or the settings were changed
In Mint go to Preferences > System Settings > Accessibility > Typing > Bounce Keys and if on turn off
In Windows - Control Panel > Ease of Access > Change how your keyboard works > Turn on filter keys > Turn on bounce keys

i had this problem also - but could not reproduce it - and only when deleting

You are going to have to find another keyboard....to rule out the current one.

Can you borrow one ?

When I use the touch "Enter" in the bios menu or GRUB, it works. But, it takes another fonction in the systems (Windows and Linux). I dont Know, if it's because the keyboard is dirty.

Last edited:
I got exactly the same problem, does anybody find a solution ?

This topic has not received a reply since March 10, 2022

Please open a fresh topic.

Members online