Keyboard issue

Kumkvat1

Reaction score
Credits
  • Hi, i"m newbie In Linux. Yesterday instaled for the first time and everything works fine but my keyboard letters and need your help.

UsIng nonstandard croatian <or bosnian> keyboard within my laptop:
    Tried in settings all versions of croatian, bosnian, serbian languages, but each time had issues with some important letters:
    P is *
    U is 4
    M is 0 etc.

I'm afraid to need to manual edit, but don't know where or how ,,,
    /usr/share/ and then ? ? ?

Using linux lite 5.2

Please somebody help

thank you all in advance

This has been discussed here (as well as here) and the consensus is that @KGIII and myself are planning to make an app simplifying the process, although I think that somebody mentioned another app in the first link above.

How there's no GUI app to do this already is beyond me. This really shouldn't be that hard.

How there's no GUI app to do this already is beyond me. This really shouldn't be that hard.
Wiz mentioned https://github.com/sezanzeb/key-mapper in another thread. It looks like it's GTK based. (That really shouldn't matter to most people, it's just that I use a Qt-based DE and I program with Qt, so I prefer Qt-based software.) It also looks kind of in-depth. You have to find key code names in the list before you can remap. Still, it's worth a shot if you are feeling desperate.

Wiz mentioned https://github.com/sezanzeb/key-mapper in another thread. It looks like it's GTK based. (That really shouldn't matter to most people, it's just that I use a Qt-based DE and I program with Qt, so I prefer Qt-based software.) It also looks kind of in-depth. You have to find key code names in the list before you can remap. Still, it's worth a shot if you are feeling desperate.

Amusingly, I have zero desire to remap my keys. I am not the target audience. I'm pretty happy with my keyboard layout. I use US Intl with AltGr (it varies in name depending on the distro).

It's all the other people who want to remap keys that have such a crappy time of it.

Staff online