Keylogger Hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinuxLover101

Reaction score
Credits
I am concerned about hackers illegally breaking into my physical mail and installing physical keyloggers on keyboards I purchase online.

For the sake of privacy, please disregard the reason why I believe my wealth may be a target. Please note, I am not concerned about software keyloggers like phishing online in this situation. Only physical in-person tampering of devices.

Obviously I can not use these keyboards, but throwing them away just on a hunch would be a waste. Is it possible to know using Linux, firewalls, or physical devices like a usb, that the keyboards can be inserted into, to prevent this?

What makes you think that somebody is breaking into your mail and installing some kind of hardware keylogger on your keyboard? Do you have any evidence of mail tampering? If so, take it to your local police and they will investigate.

But this all sounds extremely paranoid to me though. Complete fantasy! I think you’ve been watching too many hi-tech heist movies, or something?!

Personally, I’d say "Just plug in and use your shiny new keyboard and stop being crazy!".

But that’s just me!

^^^ what jaskinasis said up there.

Unless you have some type of proof positive....

bs

I apologize but I can not elaborate further. But I am willing to pay cryptocurrency for technical answers that provide value. Just calling me names is not in the spirit of a helpful community of free software.

Edit: And even if I am nuts, this an academic lesson on the topic.

You cannot elaborate further, is hardly in the spirit of someone providing sufficient information for said technical answers to be forthcoming.

On the surface, your question/query appears to lack substance.

Only physical in-person tampering of devices.....typically would mean that a person or people are entering where your pc is situated and tampering in some way....which as jaskinasis has stated is commonly the sort of thing seen in movies etc.........more to the point it is an incident that requires intervention by the law.

If you are too worried first of all you can purchase you're keyboard from a local trusted market instead of online purchasing and second of all, if you are comfortable with onscreen keyboard (virtual keyboard) , use them. In this case you shouldn't be worried that much about physical Keylogger.

This just oozes the dude that's been evading bans lately.

OP is also (all too familiar) unwilling to help and is trolling with the 'well, this is not how you're supposed to respond to me' crap.

I did *not* remove the thread. I would rather people see the pattern and report it in the future.

When in doubt, use that report button.

I'm locking the Thread.

Wizard

I'm locking the Thread.

Hmm.., I'm 95% sure that I hit the lock button. Ah well...

And, not only can keyboards be compromised, there are proof of concepts where they pick up the minute changes in radiation (electromagnetic radiation¹) and deduce which keys you're pressing from a different room or even outside of the building.

My point is, at some point you just trust and use a layered security approach.

¹ You're bombarded by electromagnetic radiation constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online