Killswitch and disable Internet

• Thread starter Deleted member 161260
  • Start date

Your kill switch is in....what?...a vpn ?

Your kill switch is in....what?...a vpn ?

magic-8-ball-all-signs-point-to-yes-3479571808.jpg

We need a crystal ball on this Forum.
m1210.gif

Last edited:
Hello!

1. Please. How do I completely make internet unusable by removing system files?
2. Please. Am I doing something wrong? My killswitch does not work. I followed this guide: https://www.paulligocki.com/vpn-only-ufw-setup/

These are my UFW settings.

To Action From
-- ------ ----
Anywhere on tun0 ALLOW Anywhere
Anywhere (v6) on tun0 ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

51.68.180.4 25000/udp ALLOW OUT Anywhere
Anywhere ALLOW OUT Anywhere on tun0
Anywhere (v6) ALLOW OUT Anywhere (v6) on tun0

Thank you.
Re-writing this original post in my own words. Is this correct? :

"I have a Linux computer and a VPN service on the internet. I want to direct all of the internet communications from my Linux computer to run through the VPN. The only communications that are not routed through the VPN is the internal LAN in my home network. In addition, I want a "kill switch" that will instantly disable all internet traffic whether through the VPN or not."
(Written by Sphen.)

Here are some questions that might help others to help you:
-> Is the above paragraph a correct statement of your request and your requirements?
-> Which Linux distro are you running?
-> Which VPN protocol are you using? OpenVPN? Wireguard? Something else? (I am not asking for the name of the company that provides the service, but which protocol you use; how it connects.)

P.S. I forgot to mention that you must change the settings in that "paulligocki" link in your original post. You cannot use exact values in the procedure. Do not use values like: "10.0.2.0/24", "999.999.999.999", etc.!! Instead, replace them with the correct, legitimate values for your network.

If you want to disable all networking the simplest thing to do would be to disable your networking device or simply pull the plug.

Another way of doing it would be using a firewall and disallowing all traffic: set default policy to deny and have no other rules.

Doing it on a per application basis is far more difficult to get right and depends on the type of application.

Members online