Knoppix stuck at booting after adding boot options

Stuck1nMatrix

Reaction score
Credits
Hey there!

So several days ago, i downloaded the latest version of knoppix, which is version 8.6. I burned the iso file to my disk thorugh etcher. Everything was fine till this point.

My problem is, while booting, whenever i head to boot options and change something (like language, keybaord layout, desktop env etc.. using knoppix cheat codes) and then hit enter, the boot stucks at the following picture

IMG_20190827_162405.jpg

It stucks there and nothing happens, i tried to wait but nothing happened.

The strange part is, it stucks there only if i add a boot option (like mentioned above, changing desktop env or language. also it doesnt matter what i add, it always stucks). If i dont touch anything while booting, it boots up without any problems.

I have looked over internet for any kind of sollution but couldnt find anything. Any idea what could cause this and how can i solve this problem?

Note: This problem only applies for version 8.6. No problems for older releases

I found a workaround to this problem on the Knoppix forums that seems to work for me.

1. Don't enter your cheat code on the initial splash screen. Instead, hit F2 to enter the boot help. You can enter cheat codes on this screen, or hit F3 to see more options and enter cheat codes on that screen.

2. Don't just use "knoppix [cheat code]"... it may still freeze. Instead use "knoppix64 [cheat code]".

Hope that helps.
Cheers

I found a workaround to this problem on the Knoppix forums that seems to work for me.

1. Don't enter your cheat code on the initial splash screen. Instead, hit F2 to enter the boot help. You can enter cheat codes on this screen, or hit F3 to see more options and enter cheat codes on that screen.

2. Don't just use "knoppix [cheat code]"... it may still freeze. Instead use "knoppix64 [cheat code]".

Hope that helps.
Cheers
I honestly dont know how to thank you, but IT WORKED!! I really really appreciate you sir! I have been trying to solve this issue for days and it literally drove me crazy. Thank you so much!

Aside from that, what exactly does "knoppix64" mean? And how it differs from only "knoppix" code?

I think that "knoppix64" is specifically calling a 64-bit kernel, and "knoppix" by itself calls a 32-bit kernel. So this workaround may not function on a very old 32-bit computer.

Members online