Kodachi linux

montymonty

Reaction score
Credits
I have downloaded Kodachi Linux to a usb.For some reason it does not open.The error I get is kernel panic not syncing attempted to kill init..exit code 0x00000009.Please help?

Linux Kodachi is a live Debian-based Linux distribution that you can run directly from a USB drive on virtually any computer.
it dosn't work on every computer

I have downloaded Kodachi Linux to a usb.For some reason it does not open.The error I get is kernel panic not syncing attempted to kill init..exit code 0x00000009.Please help?
I have a HP compaq 8000 with windows 7 ultimate. On another usb I downloaded TOR that works fine...any help will be appreaciated.

Depending on the age and full spec of your HP 8000 SFF unit it may have nvida graphics, Kernel panic may be caused by the OS trying to communicate with the graphics which it doesn't support natively,
check your full spec for the graphic card type

It sounds like it might be a corrupted download. Might be? I'd at least ensure that I verified the downloaded iso's integrity.

Sorry for late reply the graphics card details is Intel (R)Q45/Q43 Express chipset.Microsoft .WDDM 1.1

Kodachi Linux is using Ubuntu 18.04 as right now. I wouldn't recommend it. I have installed it and it uses many custom "sources.list" which have no release in newer versions of Ubuntu. An upgrade resulted for me in breaking the system. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use Ubuntu 18.04 anymore

As I said earlier, it doesn't work on all machines.
I assume you are looking at dark web browsing/anonymous browsing, in which case choose a mainline Linux that will work on your machine and read this article

Did you just copy the ISO to a USB Thumb drive or did you install to a USB Thumb with a tool like Balena Etcher? you have to install it not just put the ISO on a thumb drive that will not work - go here - https://www.balena.io/etcher
I used universal usb installer and rufus.
Did you just copy the ISO to a USB Thumb drive or did you install to a USB Thumb with a tool like Balena Etcher? you have to install it not just put the ISO on a thumb drive that will not work - go here - https://www.balena.io/etcher

Rufus hasn't worked well with linux for a while, try etcher [ @Lord Boltar 's post 2 back]

If you are on gnome based distros, you just can use the "Disk Unillity". At least to create Linux USB Sticks. for Windows 10 & 11 I used WOE USB

Kodachi Linux is using Ubuntu 18.04 as right now.

If that is so, then it has only just a little over 10 weeks life left before it becomes a security risk.

Cheers

Wizard

If that is so, then it has only just short of 10 weeks life left before it becomes a security risk.

Cheers

Wizard
it is, but worse, upgrading isn't an option because of the many custom /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ files, they will cause to crash the system when trying to upgrade

Have you had any luck yet?

As a do-it-yourselfer, I'm mostly self-taught, so I'll use a bit more tact than at least one of the responders on here.

I, too, use an older computer, a Dell Latitude e4200 (about 14 years old), and I have successfully installed Kodachi onto my USB drive as well as persistent storage on my hard drive. My tool is Yumi (pendrivelinux.com), which worked well for me.

Please try that and let us know how that works.

Members online

Latest posts