latest update failed

You can also (usually) just right click on *.deb and pick "Open with GDebi ..."

In modern Lubuntu, there's a QApt package installer that's pretty much the same thing as GDebi. That's kinda neat.

Everyone should have a how to do Sh*t file.

Also, I can't pass this by...

Putting my "How to do Sh*t" documents online to share and save me the time of referencing them is how I initially got started with the site that led to creation of the current Linux-Tips site.

That's the goal of the site. That's the initial purpose. It's where I publish my notes.

I encourage others to do the same. There can never be too many Linux sites! Well, I mean, there could be - but we're a long ways away from that. Get your notes online. You can reference them easier, you share them with the world at large, and you're creating something that benefits the community.

There are even oodles of way to do so without any cost to yourself - other than your time.

Also, I can't pass this by...

Putting my "How to do Sh*t" documents online to share and save me the time of referencing them is how I initially got started with the site that led to creation of the current Linux-Tips site.

That's the goal of the site. That's the initial purpose. It's where I publish my notes.

I encourage others to do the same. There can never be too many Linux sites! Well, I mean, there could be - but we're a long ways away from that. Get your notes online. You can reference them easier, you share them with the world at large, and you're creating something that benefits the community.

There are even oodles of way to do so without any cost to yourself - other than your time.
Yep I have a whole bunch of "How to do stuff" mostly all text files - getting old and cannot remember everything - :eek:

LOL My notes go back to when I first started using Linux on the desktop. I've held onto 'em but the truth is they're a horribly unorganized mess. I can find stuff in them - but that's only 'cause I wrote them. They span like a dozen documents of varied length and all but a couple are in plain text files. The couple that aren't were those tried in a couple of different note taking apps that just didn't work out in the long run.

That's more or less the fodder for the site.