Lenovo Legion 5 4800H 1650ti Linux

eduard_0167

Reaction score
Credits
Hello!I'm going to start the college this year and i want to buy a new laptop.I choose the Lenovo Legion 5 4800H 1650ti,but i heard it has a lot of problems with linux(most of the can be solved,but the touchpat not).I want to ask if already exists a solution for this problems and if someone have the linux already working fine in this laptop.
I'm not an expert on linux so I need help with this.

how many usb 3 ports does it have so you can forget the touchpad and just use a mouse ?

I just want to know if the problem is solved already.If don't,i'll use a mouse.
So there aren't more problems with Linux in this laptop?

ok well i'm using slackware current 64 bit on a cheap HP laptop that had Windows 10 on it ( can give you speaks if you want) - touchpad left click, drag to highlight, right clic kcopy, move curzor right click past yep its working fine , at least with Slackware ! kernel : bash-5.0$ uname -r

Mines :

bash-5.0# cat /proc/bus/input/devices | grep Touchpad
N: Name="ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad"

Last edited:
i just looked up the specs - he of the 2nd coming , I could buy a car for that !

lets see what others think be patient all on other global time zones

Hi !
Just registered to tell you that the issue is being discussed, and it affects all the specific MSFT touchpad that you can find on this laptop model. The general bug discussion is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1887190/+index
But to save you some time, the comment with a working, patch is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1887190/comments/109
(note that it is a temporary patch to make it work, it's not the final solution to the problem)

Because it's a patch of the kernel itself, this mean that you have to download the kernel (kernel.org), apply the patch (git am -3 <file_patch_here>), compile (make) and install the newly compiled kernel on your machine.
There's a lot of tutorials out there to describe how to compile and install your own custom linux kernel so I wont detail more, but I hope it helped ! :D

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, but to be honest, I given up on using Linux with dual boot, I use for college VM that s great.
All the best and thanks again for the help!

Members online

Latest posts