LENOVO Winbook 100e running windows 10,

Indeed, that's what we do, and not just because your avatar looks better than stan's :D

It should be.

I note stan is on deck while I write this, so I will defer to him and come back a little later.

stan, I am also thinking throwing MX-19.3, Kubuntu and Lubuntu into the mix, their system requirements would also accommodate the old Dell, do you think?

Back soon

Chris
avatar? That's really me in that pic. Smokin', huh? LOL. That's right... Y'all didn't know that I'm the complete package, huh.... Smart, smokin' hot, funny as hell, can cook like nobody's business, etc., there ain't nothin' I can't do, lol. Except use proper grammar,. apparently. ha

I took the hard drive out, went to bios and changed the boot order, restarted after I inserted the USB with zorin iso on it and just hit the first option. Try or install zorin os... waiting for it to finish loading, I guess.... that's what it's doing?
Sadly, I look more like my avatar than I like to admit. :eek::oops:o_O;)
lmao, aww... poor puddin'. lol. ok, seriously though, I am willing to try any other distro y'all think is good, or that I should. Just point me in the right direction. Like I've said from the jump, i choose zorin randomly (I like the letter 'z'; my ex's name, pathetic I know). I'm all for randomly picking another one or having some direction on one to try. And, Stan, the hardware side, like taking out hard drives, installing RAM, etc... THAT'S where the small amount of know-how for me lies

Looks like all is gonna be well with this method!!! YAH!!!!
It's still "starting" processes, but all are coming back "OK"

I inserted the USB with zorin iso on it and just hit the first option. Try or install zorin os... waiting for it to finish loading, I guess.... that's what it's doing?
Yes, what's it doing after that point? It takes a good bit to boot up. Are you getting any errors?

Be patient. USB is slower, as I said above. And only having 2 GB of RAM isn't helping. I am hopeful you will be sitting at a rather pink-colored destop shortly.

Uh-oh... maybe I spoke too soon... Couldn't read them, but red was flashing, now it's gone. Damn, I shouldn't have jinxed meself

Be patient. USB is slower, as I said above. And only having 2 GB of RAM isn't helping. I am hopeful you will be sitting at a rather pink-colored destop shortly.
damn, it's pink? oh, well, I can change that, right?

Still, be patient and tell us any errors, if you can. There could be a lot of text that may fly by on the screen, but those are not errors (usually).

Ok, getting one error. the same one I was getting before, actually... FAILED to start Show Plymouth Boot Screen. and that's a quote

Yes, you can change the desktop image... but you can't save it on the USB the way you set it up. This is not your permanent solution though. We'll make it look better... if we can make it run.

Ok, getting one error. the same one I was getting before, actually... FAILED to start Show Plymouth Boot Screen. and that's a quote
OK, let me do a quick Google on that...

Holy crap... I'm in a 7-page forum thread. It says "Solved"... but going to take time. Might not be your trouble.

2 quick questions: Do you know if your graphics card is Nvidia? And also, do you have any other Linux ready on USB that you can try out?

I'm in an Ubuntu forum... that or your Mint forum either one could help.

I'm in an Ubuntu forum... that or your Mint forum either one could help.
Mint forum was a bust. I took pics of the system info just for occasions such as this.... one sec

BTW, the pink-colored desktop isn't bad... its a nice mountain scene with a lot of clouds. Sunrise or sunset, I guess. Pink, purple, etc.