LENOVO Winbook 100e running windows 10,

LOL, settle, petal.

First things first and I know I sound like a Mother Hen.

Have you got the 1,500 word assignment running in a safe environment on another computer, or is that finished now?

On your problem, we could use a screenshot or two from GParted, which is the GNOME Partition Editor.

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install gparted

and it should then be available under Menu - System Tools or just start to type it in the search field.

GNOME Screenshot will be under Menu - Utilities

After invoking GParted, you can use Screenshot to take a ... screenshot (surprised?), choose the Current Window option.

A piccie will be saved to eg /home/kari/Pictures, you can then upload the pic here, as you did with the new drive at #4 page 4, which means choose with the Attach files Fullsize over Thumbnail.

I am assuming that with

... that that still gets you into a working session with Zorin, yes?

We may need to reinstall your Grub but that is speculation for now. If Stan or other comes along while I am catching zzz's by all means entertain their suggestions.

Cheers

Wiz

Wiz
yes, most definitely my essays, actually ALL of my schoolwork is on the Lenovo. Never would I mess around on a computer with important things like that on it, lol.

and, yes, booting into recovery mode gets me into Zorin, a normal Zorin, I think. I will take screenshots and post asap.

Thanks for your time... ya know, I used to have a furbaby named Wiz....curious.

so, what is it, exactly, that I should take a screenshot of? The terminal where I installed gparted? I'm confused

On your problem, we could use a screenshot or two from GParted, which is the GNOME Partition Editor.

Code:
sudo apt-get -y install gparted

and it should then be available under Menu - System Tools or just start to type it in the search field.

GNOME Screenshot will be under Menu - Utilities

After invoking GParted, you can use Screenshot to take a ... screenshot (surprised?), choose the Current Window option.

A piccie will be saved to eg /home/kari/Pictures, you can then upload the pic here, as you did with the new drive at #4 page 4, which means choose with the Attach files Fullsize over Thumbnail.

I am assuming that with

... that that still gets you into a working session with Zorin, yes?

We may need to reinstall your Grub but that is speculation for now. If Stan or other comes along while I am catching zzz's by all means entertain their suggestions.

Cheers

Wiz

Wiz

so, what is it, exactly, that I should take a screenshot of? The terminal where I installed gparted? I'm confused

I think this is what the Wizard wants a picture of.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-28_14-20-00.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-28_14-20-00.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is what the Wizard wants a picture of.

Correctimundo, ta, Nelson. :)

Kari, if you take a look at Nelson's shot, you'll see top right corner where it has /dev/sda and a dropdown.

With your new drive if it is attached, you will also have a page for /dev/sdb or similar.

So if you can give us a shot/s of that/those it will be useful.

Cheers

Sorry about the wait... I got a request from the hubby, and, ya know, when someone asks to take you out, and then make a request for some Creme Brulee, you don't turn 'em down... whatevs, Kari, no body cares.
Anywho, here's the screenshot, I think..

Attachments

• 20210328_230312.jpg
    20210328_230312.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 290
That's a good start, but if you can go to GParted top left, click, and uncheck Show Device Information, we can get more of the main pane, or maximise the Window and click again.

Cheers

Wiz

Members online