Let's hear your experiences: AMD vs. Intel (processors and other accessories)

I gotta buy one of those stupidly-fast AMD CPUs. Like one of their 64 core 128 thread CPUs.

I don't actually need that much computational power, but it'd be kinda fun.

I was first exposed to AMD a long, long time ago. I had the AMD K6 2 350. I had it OCed to almost 450 MHz which, at the time, was pretty speedy. As I recall, it supported up to 512 MB of RAM. At the time, RAM was about $1 a MB. So, a 64 MB stick was $64.

My desktop: i9-9900KF - Intel (8 core, 2 threads)
My server: Ryzen 7 5700G (8 core, 2 threads)

My desktop: i9-9900KF - Intel (8 core, 2 threads)
My server: Ryzen 7 5700G (8 core, 2 threads)

Yeah, one of the great things lately is that the hardware is 'fast enough'. I hated the slowness of old computers but I had no choice but to use them. I also used to play a couple of games, but that was so slow back then.

I gotta buy one of those stupidly-fast AMD CPUs. Like one of their 64 core 128 thread CPUs.
You will have the same problem as most of us....our brains don't work that quickly :eek:

Lol I didn't clarify. I meant hecta and octa-core processors for consumers. Intel did have them however AMD made them much cheaper
Don't you mean hex-core processor (six-cores), like a hex screwdriver (six-sides)? In terms measurements and standards, "hecta" is normally used to refer to square footage, but i don't know what you mean by hecta-core.

Don't you mean hex-core processor (six-cores), like a hex screwdriver (six-sides)? In terms measurements and standards, "hecta" is normally used to refer to square footage, but i don't know what you mean by hecta-core.
I meant to say hexa-core lol

Members online