LFCS Exam

DawidBlom

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and from what I have seen their are not much on this topic, if there is please point me in the right direction but if not I would appreciate the replies.

I am about to schedule my LFCS Exam for next month. My background for the preparation is a beginners udemy course on linux, the edxLFS101 and the LFCS 201 essentials for sysadmin from the linux foundation.

If there are any people in the forum that has taken this exam please share your experience.

I just want to know simple things like can you ask the proctor to rephrase a question for you if you don’t understand it clearly and how advanced the tasks were. Not so much the stuff you had to do but more how advance you had to know the tools you are using.

Any and all useful advice would be great!

Hello @DawidBlom ,
I could advise you to enroll yourself in wizlabs (I don't know if this is an advertisement).
They have a course for RHCSA that it cost only 10 euro. I have enroll and I found it really good in contrast with so many courses there are out there.
I don't know the subjects for LFCS exam but I don't think that there are big differences.
Good luck with your exams.

RHCSA would be strongly focused on RedHat Linux administration, whereas LFCS is a more generalized Linux administration cert. Some similarities, but definitely not the same. The OP would be better off following the Linux Foundation recommendations for training.

Here are some frequently asked questions from the Linux Foundations. Hope they help.

You can also try giving the Linux Foundation a call and ask questions before your exam.

Here's the Linux Foundation Handbook PDF:

Good luck on your exams.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your input. I have checked all those places out and the documentation from LinuxFoundation, but to no avail. The only thing I have not done is phone them.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your input. I have checked all those places out and the documentation from LinuxFoundation, but to no avail. The only thing I have not done is phone them.
When you have time give them a call.

Before you call them write down all of your questions so you'll be prepared.:)

Hi everyone, I was wondering some of you could help me understand this question

. Find all files in the directory /srv/SAMPLE002 with a file extension of .tar. Write a list of matching filenames, one per line, to the file /opt/SAMPLE002/toBeCompressed.txt, which has already been created. Ensure that you specify a relative path to each file, using /srv/SAMPLE001 as the base directory for the relative path

The last bit of the relative path is confusing me since I need to find the files in a other directory and not the one they want me to specify the relative path as.

Relative path just means 'the same path' in a different pace.

For example... the original directory might be
/home/joecool/pictures/Hawaii

But the 'duplicate' directory might be
/some/other/path/home/joecool/pictures/Hawaii

You leave off '/some/other/path' and the directories are relative to each other.

But won’t that only work if they are in the same directory?

For instance if I do sudo find /srv/SAMPLE002 -iname “*.tar” >> /opt/SAMPLE002/toBeCompressed.txt I will only have the this path appended to the file /srv/SAMPLE002/filename

How would I go about to add the relative path before the absolute path?

Hmmm ok better question, how would you go about solving this task?

Maybe I am missing something somewhere or misunderstanding the question.

Members online