LibreWolf on Debian

digitard

Reaction score
Credits
If you know this software please review it with few words

Also supposedly all I have to do to run it on Debian is to get the appimage from here
but I don't know which one is proper for Debian

Thank you

Last edited:

It's a browser that runs on the WebKit engine and is fairly easy to use. You have a way block JavaScript from websites with a simple click. The only downside, if you would call it such, is that I wae unable to view videos on youtubez the last time I used it a few months ago.

Now I can see videos and it works properly so far, thank you.

Guys take a look at the manifesto of mozilla against free speech and you may take a look at librewolf after

Something looks strange on that website.
Looks like someone is taking the Mozilla name; twisting it just a little (look at my attachment); and making lots of statements of a negative nature.
I did not see anywhere on this site that tells you who owns this. Perhaps I missed something.
Just a few thoughts of a rambling Old Geezer TC
moz:lla.png

Thanks! I read the blog... it is short and concise, but hardly a manifesto. It lists in bold type four recommendations, none of which suggest removing anyone's speech. However, it does suggest using algorithms to amplify truth over lies, and I'm okay with that. (Note, again, it does not suggest removing the lies.) You read far more into this as a "conspiracy" than I do, but that is up to you.

15 seconds of the video was enough for me. I pay no attention to "some guy with a YouTube channel" as a credible source, sorry. He cites the same blog post you provided, and I think he also reads into it something that is not there. But thanks again for your effort.

And for the record, returning to the topic, LibreWolf is a fork of Firefox. I wholly support browser options to compete against Google, and I may well check out LibreWolf pretty soon. But these articles (here and here) are also a reminder to be cautious of browser forks. The articles are a few years old now, but the concepts still apply.

Something looks strange on that website.
Looks like someone is taking the Mozilla name; twisting it just a little (look at my attachment)
It's okay TC, that is their logo. The blog author, Mitchell Baker, is the Executive Chairwoman and CEO of the Mozilla Foundation and of Mozilla Corporation, a subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation that coordinates development of the open source Mozilla Internet applications, including the Mozilla Firefox web browser. (Quoted from Wikipedia)

Thanks! I read the blog... it is short and concise, but hardly a manifesto. It lists in bold type four recommendations, none of which suggest removing anyone's speech. However, it does suggest using algorithms to amplify truth over lies, and I'm okay with that. (Note, again, it does not suggest removing the lies.) You read far more into this as a "conspiracy" than I do, but that is up to you.

15 seconds of the video was enough for me. I pay no attention to "some guy with a YouTube channel" as a credible source, sorry. He cites the same blog post you provided, and I think he also reads into it something that is not there. But thanks again for your effort.

And for the record, returning to the topic, LibreWolf is a fork of Firefox. I wholly support browser options to compete against Google, and I may well check out LibreWolf pretty soon. But these articles (here and here) are also a reminder to be cautious of browser forks. The articles are a few years old now, but the concepts still apply.
I want to believe that I haven't been much influenced by that guy on the video and I can think for myself and have my own opinion and stuff, like everybody wants to believe.

There is an ongoing argument about who is qualified to tell what's a lie and what's truth. At this point Is the richest one, the one in power, someone with an influential position etc. Pick a random one and have a 5 minutes conversation on the matter if you can and you will feel in danger.

Thanks for the warnings. Once I realized that the only reason that makes a software credible in my mind is that everybody is using it... there's literally nothing to stop me of using open source software that none ever heard about.

EDIT also once you try librewolf there's no turning back, it's completely anti-commercial. I can't say more because it's one of the things that we can't talk about.

Last edited:
Reviewing LibreWolf on some 3 days of use:

1. Facebook doesn't let you comment and do basically anything except view the page. If facebook don't like this browser it must be good.

2. The screen is glitching at times (instant horizontal black lines ) perhaps because it blocking things I'm not sure if it is some default add-on or something else but is not much of a trouble.

That's all so far

Members online