Lightest, Fastest - most simple OS

Lifebook

Reaction score
Credits
Hello :)

Please can you instruct me what OS i have to put on my laptop

I am multutasking and webbrousirng a lot and want to be very fast in the opening of everything so i want the lightest most fast OS - i do not want interface and nothing like this - just to have Desktop, Files, Settings, and of course to have some programs made for it - i need to have 3 browsers like Brave, Vivaldi or Opera, they may be different but i need to have 3 browsers with different core.

Thank you!

Zorin Lite is pretty good trying at the moment. Linux Mint. Please can you tell us your specs.

There are several lightweight and fast OSes
Bodhi Linux
Puppy Linux
Linux Lite
Lubuntu
Arch Linux

Peppermint

Thank you!

I want the most developed if all these are around the same characteristics?

What is the most fastest and developed - i mean already made a lot of programs for it?

One more thing - how i can unboot usb on manjaro i know waht to type in windows command prompt but i am now with manjaro, how can i unboot my manjaro to boot - "The Most Lightest, Fastest and Developed OS"

I appreciate it!

even if you can provide some additional info on what to do in the minutes after installing the OS to optimize the work if uit and set all good additinal things it will be great!

Thank you!

Probably Lubuntu or Linux Lite both are fast and they can get everything Ubuntu/Canonical has put out, basically it is the desktop environment that makes one OS faster then some others XFCE is usually faster then say KDE Plasma or Cinnamon because it uses less RAM and system resources to operate
Lubuntu has a LXDE/LXQT Desktop and Linux Lite is XFCE

You may have to clarify "Unboot usb on Manjaro" if you mean how to remove manjaro from the usb stick you can simply reformat it.

The dd command works great!

Please but... i put the flash drive nothing happend after that, like some notification aboiut from the OS for it, and i try the commands - you can see i try first command 3 times i do not have permission ither it want for me a password - just 3 commands are useful for now on my manjaro

[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$ fdisk -l
fdisk: cannot open /dev/sda: Permission denied
fdisk: cannot open /dev/sdb: Permission denied
[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$ umount /dev/sdb
umount: /dev/sdb: not mounted.
[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$ sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1m
[sudo] password for lifebook:
dd: invalid number: ‘1m’
[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$ ^C
[lifebook@fujitsu ~]$

Thank you for your help!

Probably Lubuntu or Linux Lite both are fast and they can get everything Ubuntu/Canonical has put out, basically it is the desktop environment that makes one OS faster then some others XFCE is usually faster then say KDE Plasma or Cinnamon because it uses less RAM and system resources to operate
Lubuntu has a LXDE/LXQT Desktop and Linux Lite is XFCE

You may have to clarify "Unboot usb on Manjaro" if you mean how to remove manjaro from the usb stick you can simply reformat it.

Yeas but how to reformat it!? i do not know how?!

Thank you!

Zorin Lite is pretty good trying at the moment. Linux Mint. Please can you tell us your specs.

• Intel Core i5-2520M (2.5 GHz, up to 3.20 GHz, 3 MB Cache)
  • 4GB RAM
  • 320 GB HDD
I will upgrade it with SSD i learn it is way better than HDD and with more 4 GB RAM = 8GB RAM TOTAL soon.

Can you give me more info about the SSD if you know is there any differencfe if it is 128 GB or 240GB or more if i will not use this memory i will use only small part i will use cloud tech for storage so my question is if there is difference in the speed of SSD or the specs to watch when buy it because there is many sites many distro and many people out there in sites like ebay, amazon, olx that make great deals but i dont know what to watch i want something better but i do not need this memory i need only to be faster in loading the system and working after that that it - if 128GB is ok?
Are they all the same 128 240 etc.. or this memory are talkking exactly for the efficiency of the SSD?

Thank you Zorin!
Blessings!

Peppermint is On, running, and off on a laptop before windows is done booting. Peppermint Linux simply works. I had installed Zorin ran fine but Peppermint is faster, easier to update so far no driver issues with anything, even a touchscreen laptop works.

Please but... i put the flash drive nothing happend after that, like some notification aboiut from the OS for it, and i try the commands - you can see i try first command 3 times i do not have permission ither it want for me a password - just 3 commands are useful for now on my manjaro

@Lifebook

use

Code:
sudo fdisk -l

and let us know the output before trying dd again.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

(and welcome to linux.org :))

it says that sdb , sdb1; sdb2 is not mounted !?
itry with all even i identify which is the right ut all is not mounted it says!?

I installed manjaro and i can't unboot my flash drive now?

Appriciate your support!
Thank you!

When DS linux fit on a 3.5 inch floppy, it worked. Have not been able to use it over the last year so far. Installs, but buggy, ditched it.
Haven't tried it in a while to tell the truth. It worked last time did though.

it says that sdb , sdb1; sdb2 is not mounted !?
itry with all even i identify which is the right ut all is not mounted it says!?

I installed manjaro and i can't unboot my flash drive now?

Appriciate your support!
Thank you!
What do you mean by you can't unboot your flash drive?
Details please-

I ask how to unboot it dd comand is not working?

How to unboot my usb flash drive and boot it with Lububtu For exampe

I ask how to unboot it dd comand is not working?

How to unboot my usb flash drive and boot it with Lububtu For exampe
If you just want to over write your usb flash drive with Lubuntu just download Lubuntu.
Than use Rufus or Etcher to make the flash drive bootable with Lubuntu.

Members online