Limitations of "Tomato Routers" as a Bridge?

V

Videodrome

Previously, I've had success creating a Wireless Client out of a Buffalo Router with the Linux based Tomato firmware. Since then, I've moved and let my parents have the router setup for their new internet.

Now the place I'm staying at has secured Wifi with a password. I've been unable to establish a Wireless Bridge or Wireless Client with the Security settings. I should mention that before on the old setup there was no password, but it was in a very rural area without eavesdropping concerns.

I'm wondering if the need to include a password can cause problems by itself. Or maybe the change in Hardware is the issue? Also, in some cases I've heard it recommended that both routers be running Tomato.

OMG I think it's working.

I watched a YouTube clip and someone changed a setting under the Advanced section from Gateway to Router.

I don't understand it. I've setup a bridge before without that setting. Maybe the Firmware changed this in a new version. Just glad it's working. It will help me move around an old beat up Desktop PC I'm working on and keep it online with a wireless bridge.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts