Linux became unresponsive suddenly, forced restart, OS apparently no longer drive according to BIOS, computer now super slow.

When you are in the bios, try pressing each of the F keys....one at a time and allow a few seconds between each one.

What I have in mind is to reset the bios to default settings.

I think the most common key for that is either F6 or F9 or F5

Failing that having any effect, if you are feeling confident you can take out the cmos battrey (if you can see and reach it)

If you do take it out, just leave it out for 1 minute, and then put it bakc in. it will snap back into place. Taking that battery out for 1 minute will reset the bios to default settings

G'day @Randycornrows and welcome to linux.org :)

Watching this, I am of the belief that it is a hardware issue, so am moving this Thread to Hardware.

Good luck with the problem, and you are getting good help from my friends.

Grab your hats, buckle your seatbelts, finish drinks and extinguish cigarettes and we'll take Wizard's Magic Carpet over to Hardware.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@brickwizard may have better insight than me when it coes to hardware.
Thanks for the vote of confidence
Unfortunatly I dont think this is one I can fix remotely , sound to me like it needs to be bench tested, there are so many single and combinations of connections alone that may be the problem, then you need a good working skeleton or multi meters to cross test suspect components.
my feeling is he needs to get his bud's back in to check it out, or bites the bullet and drops it off to a shack for reassessment

Bwiz

Good advice indeed @brickwizard ....have another Brandy.

I would try disconnecting just the HDD and see what happens. If no change in behavior then reconnect the HDD and disconnect the SSD and try it. If both make no difference I would suspect the Mother Board being the problem. When it take you to bios does it allow you to make any changes?

I had a SATA cable go bad on me once and after replacing it with a new one the HDD was recognized again.

Members online