Linux Beta Testing Opportunities

HarrisonBasham

Reaction score
Credits
I'm looking for some Beta Testing opportunities involving Linux, I'm really interested in Linux and would love to get the chance to test software. Does anyone know of any Beta Testing for Linux or even other types of software? I'm looking to do this voluntarily.

That's a very interesting question, Harrison, and welcome to linux.org :)

I don't know of any "one stop shop" for registering your interest for same, it may be a case of checking out Linuxes you might be interested in, and then making enquiries from their Home Pages and Forums.

Someone else may know differently.

If I can suggest - make friends with DistroWatch.com, and there, they have a page hit ranking for popularity, which includes a list of the Top 100 + Linux sites that are visited with a presumed intention to download and install.

Take a look at some of them, and see if any appeal to you to try out, then go from there.

There is also this at Wikipedia, which gives you an idea of the LInux "Families" -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions

Good luck, and let us know how you go :cool:

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

If I can suggest - make friends with DistroWatch.com
As you scroll down the page at DistroWatch, it shows the most recently released distros in the center of the page, so this is an ever-changing list. Right now, 2 of those new releases are in beta (MX 19 and LXLE 18.04.3)... and one new release is in alpha status (Simplicity). These are not new distros in beta, just new updates in alpha/beta status. But you might want to experiment with them and report bugs to their developers.

Also, as you scroll through this list in the future, you will find some releases designated as "RC-1" or "RC-2" (or RC1, RC2) and so on. These are "Release Candidates" and in effect, they are the same as beta. So you might be interested in those as well.

Cheers