Linux CentOS in HP Proliant Gen10

newuser15

Reaction score
Credits
Hi. New user for Linux. I would like to ask help from you guys. I recently trying to install Linux CentOS 7 in HP Proliant Gen10 Server thru iLO. However, I encountered some problem during the installation (the assigned password for the root admin wasn't recognized, always prompting Invalid Log-in even if I encode the correct password). Is it possible to un-install and reinstall the Linux CentOS 7 so I can reconfigure it again from scratch?

Hope you could provide tips and recommendations. Thank you.

You can just clean install CentOS over it, and replace CentOS with itself. Quite frankly, unless you have a specific need for CentOS, I would recommend some other distros that are much easier on the new user. Once you understand Linux you can always move on to other distros.

I've used Kubuntu for years, and its installer is easy. Linux Mint is also very good.

You can just clean install CentOS over it, and replace CentOS with itself. Quite frankly, unless you have a specific need for CentOS, I would recommend some other distros that are much easier on the new user. Once you understand Linux you can always move on to other distros.

I've used Kubuntu for years, and its installer is easy. Linux Mint is also very good.

How can I do the clean process? Sorry, this is my first time to install CentOS. . .

Instead of reinstalling you can just reset the root password.

Thank you for this. Now my problem is this. While installing the OS, it freezes.
1605800634592.png

Hello @newuser15,
Welcome to Linux.org Forums.

Here's another twist since Redhat is dropping centos (well not dropping but its not going to be a stable system any longer.) You may want to download another Redhat clone such
as AlmaLinuxOS or Rocky linux That way you'll have continue stable release. You should be able to install them with problems on that machine. Being that your new to linux you may want to take some online course to get you up to speed such at those found here.

Or here.
You may also want to take a look at our forums Linux Tutorials, Check out the beginners section first.
Good luck on your journey!

This thread's a couple of years old. It's safe to assume they've resolved their problem by now, or moved on and have new problems.

OOPS missed that.

Their behavior indicates that they're likely a spammer, trying to build a post count.

I'm gonna remove their post as it adds nothing of value. I've done that once to 'em already but you responded before I got to it this time.

(I've been out and about, playing in the snow.)

Their behavior indicates that they're likely a spammer, trying to build a post count.

No, Dave was referring to the OP, who hasn't dropped in for 2 years.

The Bugs Bunny character was the spammer, and I have cleaned his clock.

Wiz

Members online