Linux certifed professionals

Resakra

Reaction score
Credits
I am willing to get a Linux certificate, have been in some basic online courses.

I wanna gradually approach to change my job to information security sector. Since I'm coming from another feild of engineering, being "Linuxian” certified would make things much easier!
KLPC is not delivering anymore due to pandemic. RedHat sounds too professional to start with, though not any individual afford to pay thousands of dollrs. Ubuntu Professionals requires at least 6 months of working experience. There is an online course, Kali Linux but no certificate will be obtained. Anything I missed? Which distro has basic to intermediate course-certificate to offer? Please advice!
Link to Kali Linux revealed course: https://kali.training/courses/kali-linux-revealed/

Last edited:

I am willing to get a Linux certificate, have been in some basic online courses.

I wanna gradually approach to change my job to information security sector. Since I'm coming from another feild of engineering, being "Linuxian” certified would make things much easier!
KLPC is not delivering anymore due to pandemic. RedHat sounds too professional to start with, though not any individual afford to pay thousands of dollrs. Ubuntu Professionals requires at least 6 months of working experience. There is an online course, Kali Linux but no certificate will be obtained. Anything I missed? Which distro has basic to intermediate course-certificate to offer? Please advice!
Link to Kali Linux revealed course: https://kali.training/courses/kali-linux-revealed/
Red Hat training/certifications are in 99% of the cases paid for by the employer because it's in the employer's best interest that the company's syadmins are up-to-date with current technologies. You could have a look at LPI to see if that floats your boat.

Hello,
if you really want to get a Job in it-security sector it is not nesessary to need a Linux-Certificate. In my opinion the best provider for security-certification is the SANS Institute. Look here.

But in all cases you need profesional skills in Debian and Redhat distros. I used primary centos for the RedHat-Part. So it stands a lot of work before you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Thank you for all these valuable info @f33dm3bits
Where I am from they tend to like people with certifications because they love pieces of paper over here, I would think that applies for the most of the rest of the western world as well.

And as @Robodoctor already stated, good luck!

Last edited:
No it is not necessary in fact.
It is meanwhile smart to catch the employer’s eyes by just writing down some few letter XXXX on your resume, that sounds really sexy to them :D:eek:

I would agree the RHCE (RedHat) is probably the most valuable. I am RHCE myself.
Over the last 25 years or so I've worked for a dozen different IT companies. The vast
majority of them are Redhat/CentOS shops. Depending on which website you believe they
own over 90% of the Linux server market. So what good is it to get certified in Mybrand-Linux
if no one really uses it? Sure some use Debian, Ubuntu, SuSE and others, but in the server
world, one distro owns more market share than all the other distro's put together.

Ubuntu, Fedora and Mint may own the desktop Linux's.... but Redhat owns the datacenter.

I agree! RedHat aparently rules the security market, its so obvious within a quick check of the job descriptions

Staff online