Linux choice for 12" MacBook (early 2015)

b135802

Reaction score
Credits
Hello all

I've repetedly tried to install different Linux distros on my MacBook 12" (early 2015) but it always ends with a unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (don't want to "solve" it with an external keyboard and mouse permanently). This is a well-known problem with this version of hardware if I understand it correct from reading different forums.

Anyone have experience from solving this problem? Is it the same with newer Macbooks?

Many thanks
b135802

G'day @b135802 and welcome to linux.org :)

Can you give us more specs on the rig?

I am not a Mac man but I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back here with anything useful.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW what LInux Distros have you tried and what is the latest?

Hello @b135802.

If you can install your distro but without response of keyboard or touchpad , that's sound like no supported drivers.

Our admin @Rob, running ubuntu into a Macbook. probably he will be more helpful.

Hello again. Sorry for the long silence. I've been away from civilization for a bit.

@wizardfromoz, my MacBook is from early 2015, got a 1,1 GHz Intel Core M, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. Graphics by Intel HD Graphics 5300 1536 Mb. SSD 250Gb.

Yes, I can install a distro but without response from keyboard/touchpad - it must be a driver issue, right @CptCharis? Info on the keyboard/touchpad from the screendump below.

Which MacBook are you running Ubunto from, @Rob?

Thanks
Andreas

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2019-05-15 kl. 19.47.28.png
    Skärmavbild 2019-05-15 kl. 19.47.28.png
    28 KB · Views: 907

Members online

Latest posts