Linux distribution recommendations

Tarq

Reaction score
Credits
good greeting
I do not want to leave Linux, and it is difficult for me, but I am looking for a version that has few problems, its installation is automatic, does not require suffering, has good performance and works with the largest number of Windows programs. Size does not exceed 1.01 GB
note
I don't want paid versions for Windows or Linux versions
Laptop specs Works with most Linux distributions

Last edited:

Is there a distribution less than 1.01 GB that meets the specifications mentioned, as the laptop is not old? You can see the specifications from my other topics
note
I'm talking from another laptop
I moved from linux mint to bobby linux, the reason is there is a malfunction in linux mint that i can't solve
Currently I am facing a problem, for example, changing the language in Bobby Linux and also installing the settings, and I find it difficult

good greeting
I do not want to leave Linux, and it is difficult for me, but I am looking for a version that has few problems, its installation is automatic, does not require suffering, has good performance and works with the largest number of Windows programs. Size does not exceed 1.01 GB
note
I don't want paid versions for Windows or Linux versions
Laptop specs Works with most Linux distributions
Hello again, Tarq. You have stated your computer desire very clearly. Let me say, as plainly and clearly as I can.... what you want does not exist. If it did exist, I would be using it myself. We are not trying to hide it from you. There are almost 300 currently active Linux distributions (according to DistroWatch), and none will meet all the goals that you have listed.

You must compromise on some things. You must decide what is your priority. If your highest priority requires Windows programs that will not run in Wine/Linux... then you must use Windows. There is no other option in this matter. You may run Windows by itself, or you may run Windows in a virtual machine inside Linux, but only Windows will run most Windows software.

I won't go over each point unless you tell us what your real priorities are (if not Windows compatibility). Your laptop should indeed run most distributions. But Linux is not magic, and not even the wizards here can make it do the magical things that you are requesting. I honestly wish that it could be done... because I have Windows software that I use too, and it will not run in Wine/Linux, so I have to use a separate computer just for that software.

Last edited:
Hello again, Tarek. You have stated your computer desire very clearly. Let me say, as plainly and clearly as I can.... what you want does not exist. If it did exist, I would be using it myself. We are not trying to hide it from you. There are almost 300 currently active Linux distributions (according to DistroWatch), and none will meet all the goals that you have listed.

You must compromise on some things. You must decide what is your priority. If your highest priority requires Windows programs that will not run in Wine/Linux... then you must use Windows. There is no other option in this matter. You may run Windows by itself, or you may run Windows in a virtual machine inside Linux, but only Windows will run most Windows software.

I won't go over each point unless you tell us what your real priorities are (if not Windows compatibility). Your laptop should indeed run most distributions. But Linux is not magic, and not even the wizards here can make it do the magical things that you are requesting. I honestly wish that it could be done... because I have Windows software that I use too, and it will not run in Wine/Linux, so I have to use a separate computer just for that software.
yes, I know that
The conclusion is to either use alternative software on Linux or install a system that works with all or most Windows programs or wine
Concept

Hello again, Tarek. You have stated your computer desire very clearly. Let me say, as plainly and clearly as I can.... what you want does not exist. If it did exist, I would be using it myself. We are not trying to hide it from you. There are almost 300 currently active Linux distributions (according to DistroWatch), and none will meet all the goals that you have listed.

I want general knowledge where my priority might change so I didn't mention it
A message that does not require a response

Everything you mentioned is clear. I will be testing stable active distributions on a daily basis. I will do something impossible until I choose a free or paid system
I am not a technical expert and can only judge a system by experience and not just peek or read the specs.

@طارق - Tarek, I note you also have an active question in at Puppy Linux's Forum

https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=4536

They are your best option for Puppy questions and answers. I will close your other Thread, but leave this one open for now.

Wizard
Yes I apologize
I started to know how to close threads. I ask you to close all my old threads, as I intend to always close threads when upcoming issues are resolved

Everything you mentioned is clear. I will be testing stable active distributions on a daily basis. I will do something impossible until I choose a free or paid system
I am not a technical expert and can only judge a system by experience and not just peek or read the specs.
I wish you success, Tarq! I mean that! I've been using Linux for about 25 years, but it doesn't do everything that I want it to do. You will find what you need to do what you want to do too. Good luck!

Last edited:
For those that don't notice, the OP has changed their username.

"Size does not exceed 1.01 GB"
disk size or RAM size ?

Try Lubuntu
https://lubuntu.me/downloads

You wait little disk usage ? If yes remember after installing software need dependencies and the disk usage will be more high.
You may install Lubuntu using BTRFS and compressing the filesystem reaching less of 2.8 GB disk usage.
Lubuntu minimum ram is 1 GB.

Staff online

Members online