Linux for gaming...

C

Charlie Brown

I'm currently running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my PC. However I'm a total noob and I'm experiencing problems with it. I'm just wondering is there a better version of Linux out there that I can use for gaming...

ie, EVE Online; LOTRO; WOW; etc...

thanks,

-Charlie Brown :)

I'm currently running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my PC. However I'm a total noob and I'm experiencing problems with it. I'm just wondering is there a better version of Linux out there that I can use for gaming...

ie, EVE Online; LOTRO; WOW; etc...

thanks,

-Charlie Brown :)
Not really. Ubuntu has official support from Valve for Steam on Linux. What problems are you experiencing?

P.S. All the games you mentioned are Windows games. IE you need to use Wine. Not sure how well they will run though.

When Ubuntu wants to download updates, there's not enough room on the partition and the update fails. I need to fix this first to be honest.

I will download Wine and see how that works after.

For the mentioned games check out WineHQ homepage, i cant post the links the each game yet : ). But they seem to be able to run with minor issues like LOTRO you have to kill the pid to exit it.

For the mentioned games check out WineHQ homepage, i cant post the links the each game yet : ). But they seem to be able to run with minor issues like LOTRO you have to kill the pid to exit it.
I'd go with Steam on Ubuntu, like the other guy said..... : ) Also, @Havreboll, your Profile Pic looks DELICIOUS..... :D

Also, WINE DOES work well too, and more games SHOULD work on it, as time goes on..... :) Now the REAL question is:

Can we run OSX's own Wineskin IN WINE.....?? ;D

Members online

Latest posts